Help with a friend

by Budda 2 Replies latest social relationships

• Budda
    Budda

I want to tell you about my friend who is a JW. My first impression of her was a gorgeous, nice, and intelligent woman. After a few weeks I could tell we were both attracted to each other and even one of my friends was hinting we should get together. When she told me that her job at the library was like a master’s degree she looked as though she was either lying or felt uncomfortable about what she just said. I always thought the JWs where nice when they came to your door so I went to the website to find out what they think of college Ed. When I found out that they believe that the Big A is coming and that there’s no point in going to college I was shocked. I felt I just could not ask her out because of her beliefs, and felt bad about it. I never told her this though since she never brought up her religion but I know her brother and family are JW’s. Her parents have a congregation at her house and I believe they are deeply devout. I have a friend whose parents were Christian fundamentalist and he told me about the hell he went through when he left his church and was disowned by his family. I am not very religious and have a more Buddhist Unitarian view on religion. I do not understand why anyone would want to live in a so called paradise if it is created by such a violent act. I think god created sickness so we would care for each other. I also don’t believe in there prophesies, and rewriting of the bible the JW’s do. I believe more in creating inner piece through meditation pray or whatever you want your spiritual path to be in this life time. So I forgot about her but I have some health issues now and have been spending more time at the library. Now about a year later when I see her she seems to completely avoid me like the plague. I still feel bad about what happened and feel as though she is trapped in a brainwashing cult. I wonder how much of her life she truly enjoys. Do you have any ideas on how I could tell her how I feel or how I could help her out? I know now that a relationship with her would never work from researching the religion but I would still like to be her friend. I have always enjoyed philosophy so I kind of look that researching this religion interesting

• Budda
    Budda

Can JWs join a group or club?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

All you could do is go to her and ask if she will listen to some feelings you would like to share with her and see wht goes!

JWs must not associate in their free time with non JWs because they are worldly and may tempt them to do non JW things/lifestyle! The only way they are ok is if you seem interested in her religion and then she would tell you about it! As for a study - they would replace her with a male!

Think that's it? Work around this one way or another!f

Alternatively I have heard of the most devout JW women who secretly run after worldy men who are expert 'pullers' telling them nice things or whateva they do!

So do as ye will and harm none!

Regards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit