Judge Rutherford, Jehovah's Communication Channel

by VM44 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

"Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon." (The Watchtower, 9/15/41, page 288.)

This quote from The Watchtower concerns the release of Judge Rutherford's book Children in 1941.

Now, calling the book "The Lord's provided instrument" sounds to me to be saying the book was inspired, just like the books in the Bible.

Apparently at that time, the JWs considered Judge Rutherford as their direct communication channel with Jehovah Himself!

Rutherford said many times that when he was giving talks that he was "speaking the Lord's words".

Self delusion on a grand scale!

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

THIS WAS JEHOVAH'S CHANNEL OF COMMUNCATION?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ
    "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon." (The Watchtower, 9/15/41, page 288.)

Hmmm...the remaining 70 months or so. Sure glad he didn't say remaining years. Armageddon may not come until the 23rd century.

That's a great pic of him VM44. He reminds me of W.C. Fields. In fact they had a lot in common (forgive me if the resemblance has already been pointed out in another thread).

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. - W.C Fields

Anyone who hates children and animals can't be all bad. - W. C. Fields

Children should neither be seen or heard from - ever again. - W.C. Fields

Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive. - W.C. Fields

-BONEZZ

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This man certainly had developed quite of a vast amount of delusional personality disorder on a grand scale.

or maybe just a devious mental manipulator out to propagate power and money toward himself.........what do you think ?

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

It looks like he's trying to look like an ancient worthy according to that picture.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

If you look closely at the bottom of the page under the picture of the Judge it is written that a typsy bystander asked a pretty young woman," who would be at the lecture "and that the bar tender asked for some leaflets and gave them out to his customers.Surely old Rutherford would feel well at home with all this going on.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Actually, that sort of rhetoric is nothing unusual. New book releases at conventions are routinely introduced with language like, "Jehovah has given us a wonderful new provision." JW's accept pretty much without question that the WT pubs are of equal value with the Bible, though they would never directly admit it. In reality, they regard WT pubs as superior to the Bible, since the Bible cannot be understood without them. So the real final authority is the writings of the organization.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Hmm! are you reading that book? If I remember right there should be a picture of a little girl sitting on a mans lap! It's really strange.

Also, Judge Rutherford in his Book Riches, proves that during assemblies they use to do what they called utterances. They would stand around people and wait for someone to speak in utterances,tongues. Judge Rutherford said that some of the people would come up with some good stuff that they would continue to use. I guess that would be modern day channeling. By that time Russell was probably up in heaven with some other 144,000 channeling information to the living 144,000.

Now, really why would God use that crazy drunk!

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I had another thought on Channeling. First the Jehovah's Witness claim they do not believe that people can communicate with the dead or angels, yet the people prior to 1930 were Jehovah's chosen 144,000 who died and went to heaven. Some died went to heaven to channel, light getting brighter, to the remaining living 144,000 according to the Revelations It Grand Climaxs Is At Hand. Also while they were alive they spoke in tongues but that was stopped because it was not needed any more in the book Riches.

So if they spoke in tongues prior to 1930s,food given at due time, then went to heaven, Russel class, and now are Channeling new light to the living 8,800 anointed class. What form are the 144,000 while they are in heavens? Did they not teach people that they were to take the places of the fallen angels? yet they do not believe in communcating with angels or the dead! Were we t told that speaking to the dead was part of Satan organizations.

They can not cover up their tracks on that one!

• homejah
    homejah

What is the date of that Messinger publication? Must had been the 1939 or 1938 edition. It mentioned Fill The Earth and Face the Facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit