Jesus temptations

by smiddy 4 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have a few questions regarding the temptations of christ.In my association with the jw`s(33yrs) I remember the wbts commenting on the disfellowshiping of bros.&sisters was primarily of a sexuall nature.(that was b4 the net ,now maybe it`s apostasy) So my question is why would satan tempt jesus with things he already had or would be given in the future(he could perform miracles and he would rule over the nations in the future,and in the case of the christian congregation almost immediately)If it was so successfull to use sex as a way of bringing gods people undone since adam (he might have lost his dues if he didn`t follow his wifes lead)Samson is another one,and of course let`s not forget about king david,to name a few.Wouldn`t it be more in line with satans schemes to use a beautiful woman to tempt jesus ?According to the wb&ts it`s been tremendously successfull with modern day jw`s and let`s face it jesus was a MAN for christ`s sake.What are your comments,thoughts about this subject.Is that an unreasonable question to ask?

• heathen
    heathen

Are you asking , why didn't satan use women to tempt jesus? LMAO UHH let's see here , nobody can answer that.........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.."Jesus Temptations"..Sounds like a "Breakfast Cereal"..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Although Jesus ever possesses the very nature of God (Philippians 2:6), he denied Himself the privileges and prerogatives of that position, took the nature of a servant (verse 7) and walked the humble path of obedience (verse 8).

Because of this, Jesus’ temptations were infinitely greater than ours, inasmuch as Satan continuously teased him to use his divine power, instead of being utterly dependent upon the Father.

“If you are God’s Son” Satan tempted, “order these stones to turn into bread" (Matthew 4:3). In other words, “prove that you are God by working a divine miracle to feed your starving body”.

But Jesus remained faithful to His charge, and experienced the limitations of human nature, subjugated His divine prerogatives, and subjected himself unto the Father – and hence was not prepared to bow down to Satan.

Doug

• smiddy
    smiddy

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit