Something I remember from Tishie's Ex-Jub Board

by ShirleyW 1 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Once again, it seems I only refer to things that us “50+ ex Dubs would remember, (for the record, I just hit the big 5-0 last month myself) but I remember a CO being mentioned on her board that committed suicide that served the cong I used to attend in Jamaica, Queens.

His name was Bro. Catanzaro, had the most pleasant sounding voice, could’ve made a fortune doing voice over work I’m sure. I heard through the grapevine that he killed himself, and of course when I asked my mom, she made believe that she never heard that story, and surely a “faithful servant of Jah would never do such a thing”! But after pressing her for a coupla years in one of our “friendly conversations” of why I didn’t follow the cult” I kept bringing up that subject and she said that she heard his mom died, so maybe that was why he took his life. Any others have him serve at their congregation? The timeframe that he served us was in the 1970’s

Also, anyone remember a Bro. Mark Overholt, who served my cong in the late 60’s till early 70’s, his wife’s name was Joy and I remember she had a double chin. Well, Bro, Overholt was quite the magician and he was staying the week he visited us at the house where the Tuesday night Book study was held, before the mtg he kept all the kids mesmerized by his magic tricks ! ! But I heard the real reason he was taken from our territory was that he had the nerve to go to a nightclub with another couple within the cong! ! How dare four people who are made of the flesh (like we all are) seek out normal entertainment that didn’t involve singing Kingdumb songs are acting out Bible verses . . .the nerve of them ! ! Anybody remember him as well??

Since I’m just about appealing to the wheelchair set here, I might as well mention the other CO’s I remember we had, from early 60’s on up:

Bro Plumhoff, has to be dead he was old when we had him in the early 60’s

Bro. Weigel, always used the Spiegel catalog as a way to remember his name ,mid 60’s until 70’s

Since my father the elder even saw it was a waste of chair space for me to keep attending the meetings in the 80’s can’t really remember any other CO’s except for the black couple and the wife seemed to be ultra-hip, so Lord knows if they knew of the lie back then!

“every time I post here always wonder how many JDubs are reading this and saying “that sounds familiar” ! ! !

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Don't know thosenames but I do recall fondly Tishie's Board.

ahhhhh memories

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit