interesting scriptures

by logic 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logic
    logic

Just a few interesting things I've noticed in Exodus, not to mention all the way through the bible, but now just these few. In exodus 25:40 mentions making after their pattern, which was showed thee in the mount. Was moses shown pictures which we are not privy to.

In chap 26 , the curtains for the tabernacle were huge. I always wondered how they resited the winds.

Chap 28:35 wearing bells to be heard so he would not die. I wondered was that to alert someone.

My mind works weird I guess , I must think about it too much. Anybody else have any of these odd scriptures.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

hi logic

I'll try and give you some basic answers to think about!

re:exodus 25:40 - Yes we would have to assume that Moses saw other things not recorded.

re the tabernacle curtains - if you read the whole of Exodus 26, it becomes more understandable why the curtains resisted the winds. The linen ones were surrounded/covered by a further curtain of goat hair, which was then covered by rams - skins and they were covered by sea cow skins (but don't ask me where they got those from!) - so they were well protected. Also, from a textile technology POV, I'm not certain whether they would have had the means to produce what we today would class as 'fine' linen - for the amount they needed, they would have required a lot of water and a lot of chemicals plus a lot of time! The grade of linen they produced would possibly have been quite coarse and therefore heavy.

re the bells - Yes it may have been to alert the guards who stopped anyone other than the priests going into the holy place - thinking about all those layers of skins mentioned earlier, it must have been incredibly dark on the inside.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

It has been explain to me, that the priests had ropes tied around a leg, so in the event that the bells stopped ringing (meaning they died) they could be pulled out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit