Mormon President dies.

by Highlander 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
  • zeroday
    zeroday

Ever notice how the leaders of these CULTS live so long...Franz was what 100 years old?

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

Hilarious...

I was just reading some posts by former lds members about his death last night. One poster said "He's either finishing up with the handshakes now or he's saying "Oh shit!!""

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Common human decency prevents most people from making jokes about the death of any human being.

Pres. Hinkley was a man of rare kindness and compassion who devoted his life to bettering the lot of all people. He was a much loved leader who will be missed by those who knew him.

For these reasons, if for no others, please show some respect for those who grieve his passing. It's the right thing to do.

SusanHere

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

Common human decency precludes people from using false scare tactics and false hopes to extort money, power and fear from people. This IS the legacy of the cult of mormonism. GBH was it's leader. We should be as mournful and respectful of his passing as we should David Koresh, or any other megalomaniac.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

FM,

What a sick, twisted thing to say.

SusanHere

• oldflame
    oldflame

Common human decency prevents most people from making jokes about the death of any human being.

Pres. Hinkley was a man of rare kindness and compassion who devoted his life to bettering the lot of all people. He was a much loved leader who will be missed by those who knew him.

For these reasons, if for no others, please show some respect for those who grieve his passing. It's the right thing to do.

susanhere,

You must know that you are in a ex cult discussion board. Here we have bitter feelings for those who lie to others about their salvation. The Mormon religion is a cult just like the JW's. If you do your research you will find this to be true but then maybe you are scared to find out what the truth really is. But again we are ex cult members here and if you do not like what we have to say about cults like the one your in then you are in the wrong place. Yes he may have been a kind and compassionate man no one is trying to take that away and where he is right now it is not for us to judge but as for the cult religion we will not follow or give in too. Sorry but that is just the way it is.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Yes he may have been a kind and compassionate man no one is trying to take that away

The mean-spirited words say otherwise....take the high road folks and let it be.... to do less regarding a human being's passing only demeans your "better selves".

• oldflame
    oldflame
    The mean-spirited words say otherwise....take the high road folks and let it be.... to do less regarding a human being's passing only demeans your "better selves".

Excuse me ? Just where did I demean anyone in my post ? I believe I was explaining that these kind of words can come from those who are fresh out because of their anger for the cult telling lies and destroying lives.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Excuse me ? Just where did I demean anyone in my post ? I believe I was explaining that these kind of words can come from those who are fresh out because of their anger for the cult telling lies and destroying lives.

Excuse me??? The original posting is about a man passing, PERIOD.... yet, some people will even use that to turn it into a soapbox of "why we hate cults".... I think we all know.... "bad cults" "bad", "bad", "bad"... got it.

It's amazing how many people on this board knew the man personally to give such "well informed" opinions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit