JWs-Birthday advise please!

by Chalam 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi all,
    A friend of mine's daughter has a friend at school who is a JW. She cannot invite the frined to her birthday celebration at home as that would offend. However, they are going swimming to the local pool.

So can her JW friend come?

Please forgive my ignorance, all I know so far it that JWs do not celebrate birthdays, New Year etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Stephen

• still_in74
    still_in74

do you mean the B-day party is at a local pool or that perhaps your daughter and your friends duaghter are swimming and want to invite her along?

Either way, the JW probably wont be allowed. Defintiley no for B-day either way. And not for worldly association at the pool either. Sorry. I lived it.... I know.

• tula
    tula
    However, they are going swimming to the local pool.

WHO GOES TO THE SWIMMING POOL IN JANUARY?????

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your not a JW..Your bad association..The kid won`t be able to go.....There`s more than a few people here that have been raised from childhood,in that Cult.....We all know what the parents decision will be.............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    Thanks for the posts so far.

"WHO GOES TO THE SWIMMING POOL IN JANUARY?????"

Those with the sense to go to an indoor pool! :)

All the best,
    Stephen

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

It really depends on the parents of the child. Some JWs would allow it, some wouldn't. I suggest asking anyway.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I found an outdoor pool in the winter that was wonderful. La Quinta in south San Fran. Hot and steamy. No rain but really cold once you got out. Brrrrrrrrr.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit