Insurance

by freydi 5 Replies latest social current

• freydi
    freydi

What's the deal with having to be a full time employee in order to get group health?

• 5go
    5go

Costs, It cost quite a bit to insure a person in the US with private insurance. In fact it's why a lot of companies are dropping it period.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Health insurance provided by employers was invented during WWII to skirt laws controling wages. Now we're stuck with it. I better system (IMHO) would be to let us have the money our employer spends on it so we could go buy our own insurance. The competition would drive down prices and enable me to buy what I actually need. Current Washington state law requires that my employer offer a plan that pays for EVERYTHING whether I want it, or need it, or not.

• 5go
    5go
    Current Washington state law requires that my employer offer a plan that pays for EVERYTHING whether I want it, or need it, or not.

One could point out no wants or needs insurance of any kind until they need it, then of course it's to late.

• freydi
    freydi

Something's real wrong. Somebody told me the other night that it cost $3500 for the medical profession to have a little look see up where the sun don't shine. And they recommend if annually if you're over 50? How humanitarian of them.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Colonoscopy doesn't need to be done every year unless the first year they find something REALLY intersting. If it is just a polyp, then they recommend another visit in 2-5 years(depending on health and family history). No polyp-3-5 years. If it is a lot of polyps or, particularly a precancerous one or a cancerous one, then every year. My FIL died of colon cancer. Every one of my In laws and husband have had polyps removed, and a couple have had precancerous ones-one of them has some big issues with a lot of little precancerous ones they have to keep on top of frequently. Not something to take lightly and VERY simple to 'cut off' at the pass before they can get to cancerous stage. The thing is, you don't have the cancer if you don't have polyps and if you don't let the polyps go long at all, they never get the chance to get cancerous. Nicest form of fatal cancer to get in the modern age if you have to get one. Because they can remove it before it ever has a chance to endanger you.

Yeah, I believe in colon cancer screenings. They are a LOT cheaper than actual cancer treatment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit