Histories ultimate neat freak Adolf Hitler!!!

by caliber 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

Sorry for the red, remember the commercial "I'm stuck on bandaids and bandaids stuck on me." Well ha ha I'm stuck on red and red is stuck on me.

Order and neatness are often equated with purity and righteousness. How many of us have not heard the expression cleanliness is next to Godliness the saying goes. As we all know this is particularly highlighted in WT land. But.... this appears to be a big But even apparent positive qualities taken to extreme become like a double negative having the opposite effect!

On January 9, 2007, an article appeared in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution entitled “Chaos Rules” with a photo of Albert Einstein standing around his very cluttered desk, appearing to be looking for something, with the following quote within the photo:

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind,
    of what, then, is an empty desk?”
    –Albert Einstein

For this article, Jim Auchmutey of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution interviewed Eric Freedman, one of the authors of the book, A Perfect Mess: The Hidden Benefits of Disorder–How Crammed Closets, Cluttered Offices, and On-the-Fly Planning Make the World a Better Place. Freedman states,

“…we’d all be better off worrying less about neatness and order.”

When asked about the state of Einstein’s desk, Freedman says,

“Einstein had a fantastically messy desk. I spend a lot of time walking through the halls of academia, and I can tell you there’s a strong correlation between how spectacular someone’s mess is and how successful they are as a professor.”

Finally, there is a sidebar at the end of the article (it’s difficult to determine whether Freedman or Auchmutey, the AJC writer, penned this sidebar) which reads, ”What messy can do for you” featuring four famous men. For example, with Arnold Schwarzenegger’s photo comes the caption, “The California governor hates making appointments and has pretty much winged his whole career.” But the caption of one of the other men he features (again, including photo) states:

“…if it’s neat you want…history’s ultimate neat freak: Adolf Hitler.”

• dawg
    dawg

Great, then I'm a freaking genius, you catching this mincan? Obsessive folks.... whew!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hitler used to Iron his Mustache!..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Mincan
    Mincan

I have a nice internal conflict in this regard...

I have OCD and compulsively must have everything in order and categorised and neat and no clutter, etc etc. At the same time I'm right brained and have ADHD (that statement is almost redundant), which leads me to these cycles of organised chaos to compulsive organisation and back again.

Also, Hitler was a vegetarian...

And he had a meth problem...

...dawg, what the hell are you getting at?

• dawg
    dawg

Mincan, nothing dude, I can see now that you and I are on different spectrums and now I understand you better.... you OCD, me... screwup...

But, nice to see that my uncleanliness puts me in the same group as Einstein and the like.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Einstein had ADHD same as me

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Yeah you've just proven beyond a doubt that all JW's are nazis. What a stretch.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Yes, Hitler was a neat freak, but he compensated for it by turning all of Europe into the world's biggest mess.

• caliber
    caliber

I appaud you "must obey " some of your posts are the best logical ,well thought out the I have ever seen ! Keep up the good work!

Everyone should reflect on your "scriptural requirements " post ! Excellent !

I sincerely apologize for being nothing more than a "headline " grabber, when there are those with much deeper-important topics such as "must obey"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit