Anyone else here a 1976 baby?!

by Mickey mouse 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I just realised recently that my birth at the end of 1976 could well have been a result of my parents being disappointed at the absence of Armageddon in 1975 so they may as well have a baby afterall. There were loads of people I knew growing up who were born in 1976. Anyone else?!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My daughter was born in March of 1976.....so I was pregnant in 1975 as a Witness.... I never fell for the 1975 stuff though....I had a reasonable elder dad who saw through it....and was pretty vocal about it.... Smartest man I ever knew... (other than my bf ~waves...hi honey!) even if he was a jw.

Coffee

• hubert
    hubert
    There were loads of people I knew growing up who were born in 1976.

So, that makes you a Watchtower "Baby Boomer"?

Hubert

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'm the father of a 76'er.

• V
    V

Yes this is a true phenomenon. There was a JW baby boom as soon as 1975 passed, amplified by the fact that a large group of new recruits (1968-1975) were young and ready to breed now that the pressure was off.

To some extent this happened again after 1995. The "generation" fizzled and the condoms came off...

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

76er here.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I was a bi-centennial baby as well. Never linked it to the '75 fiasco though.... that's an interesting thought...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit