Apple Mac users-HELP!

by Chalam 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi JWD Mac users,
    Any tips for me?

I am using Safari on the Mac and I have trouble editing posts, I have managed it once or twice within the 30 minutes time limit but normally it gives me trouble.

Also, it would be great to be able to embed URL links so people can click directly on them and not have to copy and paste them from my posts.

Beyond that to add pictures and other cool stuff?

Thanks for your help in advance :)
    Stephen

• feenx
    feenx

Hey there :)

Well sadly my solution has been to use a PC at work for certain things on here. I had a helluva time getting my pic and info up, tried several times but no luck. Finally I had to use a PC to do it and it worked like a charm. I've never tried to use the edit function, so can't help you there. I always have to format my messages with HTML breaks, which works fine. So I'm sure if you found a simple embed code online for anything you want to link it should work fine. I also have to send and reply to PM's from a PC as well. :/

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I use windows here, but if I find the need to edit, I have to press edit sometimes 2 or 3 times. Or more. Bill.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Chalam, I use Firefox on a MAC, I recommend you download and install an add-on called Xinha. It's awesome.

• Zico
    Zico

Hi Chalam,

I use safari on a mac too, for editing posts, I find it better to use Firefox instead of Safari, although it still doesn't allow you to post clickable links or pictures.

For those, try Kifoy's thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/24/146155/1.ashx

• Chalam
    Chalam

Thanks for all the help people :) Any more tips out there then feel free!

Hopefully my posts will get a bit easier to read from now on ;)

All the best,
    Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit