Posting on a forum 101.

by rolling rock 5 Replies latest jw friends

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Hate to be the one to brake it to you fokes, but this is the Internet. Not real life. STOP. And think about it for a few secs. It's not like all you people even know each other or are ever even going to run into each other in everyday life.

It would be one thing if we all lived in the same town, state, or if we all worked together and this was a local forum. Where people might take things a bit more personal. BUT IT'S NOT.

"Some" of you need to get OVER YOURSELVES, and spend a little less time on JWD. Think about the way "some" of you come off to the new ones on the board.

Come to think of it "some" of you sound like a JW car group out knocking on doors on a Sat morning. YACK YACK YACK!

STOP. THINK.. POST!!!

Just my 2 cents.

Bad Chad, of the I have been a member of this forum longer then most of you have class. ;)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That works both ways. It is not local, so we have the chance to do more global damage to the Watchtower Society with the same effort. A local forum would only damage the Watchtower Society in that one area--this forum can help ruin the Watchtower's effects everywhere on the planet in one click of the mouse.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Whare, O whare to begin?

Certainly, yer credentials are impeccable:

I have been a member of this forum longer then most of you have class. ;)

And yer sympathy and grasp of the obvious is clearly top-knotch:

Hate to be the one to brake it to you fokes, but this is the Internet. Not real life. STOP. And think about it for a few secs. It's not like all you people even know each other or are ever even going to run into each other in everyday life.

And yet, yer not shy to deliver the brutal truths that we clearly need to hear:

It would be one thing if we all lived in the same town, state, or if we all worked together and this was a local forum. Where people might take things a bit more personal."Some" of you need to get OVER YOURSELVES, and spend a little less time on JWD. Think about the way "some" of you come off to the new ones on the board.

......while at the same time sharing a caution and a warning that that will pay off in the long run:

Come to think of it "some" of you sound like a JW car group out knocking on doors on a Sat morning. YACK YACK YACK!

You uncannily combine tenderness with a stern admonishment that we would do well to heed:

STOP. THINK.. POST!!!

Thank you, RR, I needed this.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Wow, been here this long and haven't figured out these are real people and yea...we DO bump into each other in real life?

That's part of the dynamic, and I agree with the spirit of what you said. But I think the key is to be MORE real, to the point that you don't say anything you would not say in a room full of people, and don't lie, it's makes it easier to tell the same story when you run your mouth,drunk or otherwise, later on.

WLG of some kinda class...not sure what.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

RRock,

I agree people take this forum way to serious. Ive been here a while and Im amazed when someone who's been here a year or so and has 1000s and 1000s of posts'

I mean what are they saying in their posts' I cant imagine having that much time to spend here.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

We have the chance to do global damage to the Watchtower society? It's just a forum for chat. That's all. Damage to what? How? Hardly think that the pitchforks and torches are going to be gathered for a march to Brooklyn.

Those who chat here are really a minority among a minority of people on this planet. Vent your frustrations, sure. Ask advice in dealing with fading or getting df'd, of course. But to dream that this forum is going to morph into the WT killer is a dream that will never be fulfilled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit