Food For Thinking JW's

by Liquidizer 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

Just for comparison's sake, how do the modern Bible Students view Jehovah's Witnesses today? See by yourself at http://www.food4jws.org/. It's rather interesting...

L.

• DIM
    DIM

that was pretty interesting - I didn't realize a group that followed just Russell's teachings still existed. I don't think any man or organanization can have "the truth", but it was still a good read.

• Room 215
    Room 215

DIM,
    I agree... quite interesting indeed, and on the face of it, and although it's not without its eccentricities, it seems a much more attractive, Christ-centered, socially responsive fellowship than the JWs.
    The contrast between the WTs printed asserttion that all remaining stocks of Russell's works were destroyed in 1927 and their appearance on WT inventory lists, published in the KM, as late as 1962, is yet another example of WT revionism and plain ol' dishonesty.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Liquidizer: Very good site and very well stated issues. I had a similar experience with the Dawn Bible Students who are nearly identical in views. If only I could had talked to these people prior to becoming a JW - well - there is a good chance I may not have lived the JW life. - Amazing

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Many views about JW's doesn't even count.

• Dan B
    Dan B

Very interesting post. That site claims that Russell was not the founder of JW's, but of the Bible students. They may have a point there. The Judge was the real architect of the mess we now know as the JWs.

Interesting....

Dan

• RR
    RR

I recall some years ago in the 1980s looking at a KM and in the "Announcements" section it stated that the book "The Battle of Armageddon" was out of stock. This book was one of the volumes of the "Studies in the Scriptures" series by C.T. Russell. So apparently, the book was still available for purchase by the Society.

My wife and I have been meeting with a group of Bible Students for the past ten years or so. A very pleasant bunch, and very Christ oriented. Although they use Russell's writings as reference material, in the same way others use commentaries, they encourage open questions, and really get into the meat of the matter. Sometime you agree, other times you may not agree. But they agree to disagree. There is no shunning or Dfing for theological differences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit