The bethelites ARE a rebellious bunch!!

by cultswatter 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

This is some artwork from bethel - courtesy of Randall Watters

Can anyone scan that article? . Would be reallly interested in that!!!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I love the Bethel graffiti on Randy's site! Always gives me a good laugh, especially the one about the new release at the District Convention.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

So does anyone got a scan of that?

• tula
    tula

Has anyone of you considered this story about Bethel?

My paraphrase from 1 Kings 29:31-33

A prophet from Judah was warned by Jehovah (himself!) not to return back to Bethel after leaving there. He was also warned not to eat or drink if invited by a Bethelite.

After the prophet left Bethel and was away from the town (sitting under an oak tree) he was approached by a Bethelite that had come specifically looking for him.

When the prophet told the man that Jehovah had warned him that he was not to return to Bethel nor eat or drink, this is what the stranger told him (basically):

"oh yeah? Well, I am a prophet just like you. As a matter of fact an angel sent me to come and get you."

With that, the prophet returned to Bethel with the man and upon being invited to dinner, he thus ate and drank with him.

The prophet from Judah was still held responsible for his actions even though he was lied to and deceived!

Take note, folks.

When you have Biblical instruction (words inspired from God) but yet listen to the yarns of man (FDS, GB, BOE) you are to use discernment. If what is said is not in line with what God's word actually says...and you deviate by listening to commands or fairy tales by lying power-hungry men....

YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

That very night, the prophet of Judah was eaten by a lion...or something.

Isn't it appropriate that the place in NY is named Bethel? Lies and deceit come from Bethel, in this story. Anybody see an association here?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, TULA!

"Enter Bethel and transgress."

Amos 4:4

NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit