ANTI-SLAVERY LEGISATION AND THE WT

by badboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF WHETHER BETHEL REE LABOUR VIOLATE ANTI-SLAVERY LEGISTATION?

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF WHETHER BETHEL REE LABOUR VIOLATE ANTI-SLAVERY LEGISTATION?

Probably not because Bethelites can leave any time they wish. On the other hand the minimum wage laws may cause them grief in the future, which may be one reason they are sending people home. Bug

• Layla33
    Layla33

Good question, but no, because these religious cults would argue that it is someone's choice.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I would not categorize Bethelities as slaves. They are fed well at a table with proper utensils. They are given a room with a nice bed to sleep in. They are urged to keep themselves and their clothes clean. They volunteered to come and stay at the Bethel Home and some of them are actually thrilled to be there. They are allowed to leave at any time they wish.

So, no, they are not slaves. They are simply clueless.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

IMO, of course they actually are slaves, that is slaves to a "concept," a concept they haven't rationalized or though through to see that they are being held captive. It doesn't take but one possibly two meeting with the ole thinking cap actually on and functioning for someone to seit there ard see that they don't think, aren't allowed to make a thinking response that in any way disagrees with their leaders (errr slave masters, they say they are the faithful and discreet (ha ha) slave), but it is really the R&F throughout the world.

• DT
    DT

It's an interesting question. Of course, the workers are volunteers, but their "willful decision" results from the propaganda by the WTS. I think a former worker could sue the WTS for lost wages if they can show that their decision to volunteer was influenced by deception or mind control techniques. It might be a tough a case, but I think it's at least possible that something like this could succeed at some point.

• badboy
    badboy

MISRESPRESTION OF TORT?

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit