National ID Cards, and Governmental Snooping

by frankiespeakin 7 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

How do you feel about this trend in the US government, is it benign or an intrusion into your privacy and an big step for big government or the state to take away your constitutional rights of privacy which will be further eroded as time goes on after these ID become manditory? I know there are some that get the warm cuddlies when it comes to government intrussion of our privacy and feel it benign and for our own good, and will help the government get the "bad guys" (to quote Bush's simplistic no thought terminology). What side of the fence are you on?

Real ID is the National ID card :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMHxJLcskd8&feature=related

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Homeland Security Michael Chertoff:Another 911 w/o REAL ID and states resisting the feds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xq0CnTdtpM&feature=related

New Hampshire REAL ID Protest (go New Hampsire):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeE3iB90KeE&feature=related

WANT TO LEARN HOW TO LEGALLY DESTROY THE CONSTITUTION ? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIbNymjsDvA&feature=related

The Secret Government (1-9) The Constitution :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82g3KxcFuoY&feature=related

• Forscher
    Forscher

Just proves that the government no longer protects our rights.

It didn't just start with Bush, the problem goes back at least to FDR if not farther. And every president has been complicit. We are just now getting to the point when "conspiracy nuts" are starting not to look quite so crazy. Unfortunately the only real differences between the two political parties in power are more cosmetic than anything else. Both are obsessed with expanding federal government power at the expense of our personal liberties and rights.

You better hope that the Supreme Court sides with Heller in the most important case before them in more than sixty years, District of Columbia vs. Heller. If not, then the entire bill of rights is a dead letter.

Here's a video for folks to think over. The professor makes a very valid point.

Forscher

• uninformed
    uninformed

What is a social security card?

Brant

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Forsher...I had to look twice to see who posted the video I was watching!!! Maybe I need to go back and reread all your posts! Maybe I missed something...weren't you the biggest defender of George W. Bush on this board? The worst president in my memory to feel that he is above the Constitution and above the law, doing whatever he pleased and not being made to account for his actions!!! He has stated that and said that his cabinet is not answerable to anyone and NO ONE is doing a thing about it!!!!!!!

I'll sign up for your march against Washington anytime in the next year!!! It looks to me like you have been drawing that line in the sand, over and over, under this current administration and NOW that it's in the eleventh hour, you don't like it! I can only hope that all Bush supporters FINALLY see the light!!! When are the people going to take a stand?

Swalker

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think it has gone way beyond the war on terror. I do recognize that we need to protect the citizens from terror attacks. And, they have dogged it just like they are dogging everything else. The government is creating problems where none were, just so they can "solve" them at the expense of creating additional problems and look like a hero. Ultimately, we are going to be a totalitarian country where everything you say or do is going to have to have the leaders' permission. That's America.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Many people just bend over and take up the a$$ when it comes to government snooping, but to be fair I did once too. Yesterday, I got stopped by the police, because I didn't keep my car registration currant(didn't pay government imposed taxes, give me a break mr.boys scout cop). Anyway I used it as a occasion to teach this young man a few lessons in "civil liberties", and get chatty about my views(semi-captive audience),and why not he's invadeding my space.

He stopped me in a residential neighbor hood at night with almost no traffic on the street. So I turned up the volume of my CD player(with a big amp.) which was playing one of my favorite songs "Hood Nigga" which makes my whole car shake(big amp). He came around to my passenger side, I reached over and locked the door as he shined the flashlight through the passangers side glass and asked me to open the door, well I then turned down the volume and told him, "fuck that shit I ain't opening up no door, it stays locked my freind I know my rights, you got a fucking search warrent?" He asked me again I said fuck no and rolled up the window on my door pulled my keys out of the ignition got out of the car and locked that door so he couldn't get in and search it.

He got a little nervous and sorta order me in back in the car, I told he no I want to stay right here. I eventually went back into the car to get my registration, but I told him to stay the fuck out of my car, and that I'm a memebr of "Civil Liberties" and will not let him interfear with my constitutional rights and preform an illegal search, he asked me If I was was on parole I told him "fuck,, you look it up you got my drivers licence"(like he wasn't going to do a seach anyway, I'm not stupid). He held me up for about 1/2hour and I was able to give him a more detailed lecture in the process, I got a $10 ticket(could have gotten way more I got lots of violations naughty me), and he stopped acting so intrucive of my privacy, and started to be more repectful in the way he delt with me.

I know a lot of people would feel I acted wrongly, me I had reached my limit of what kind of bullshit I'm willing to take from the state, and it's enforcers years ago, and vowed a new approach to such bullshit handed out by those empowered by the state to take away liberties.

BTW the cop said he became suspious when I refused to let him search my car, I told him, "even if it made you suspicious, it would never hold up in court as a cause to deny me my "civil liberties" and do a search without my consent, and I want to let you know how strongly I feel about this, and since I'm an Anarchist in ideology, I'm all for takeing away power from the "state" and giving it back tho the people, just so you know what you are dealling with here."

The more people that stand up to the state and make it more and more unprofitable, or unpopular, and give less cooperation when our rights are violated the better, resistence is a good thing, in many cases.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hey I just found the complete video of "nineteen eighty-four 1984"(George Orwell):(watch minute 36 and 53 on sexual restrictions of the population)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5464625623984168940&q=1984+orwell&total=845&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Animal Farm (right over tyranny, Geoge Orwell):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9153412213802919416

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit