What do you tell the bible studies?

by strawberry cake 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

I had a number of long term bible studies that I passed on to other JWs when I stopped ministry. I found it very hard to explain why I could no longer study with them or support them at the meetings. I wonder how others managed this situation.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Cant help you there, the only bible study I've ever had was a girlfriend from high school, and only cuz I wasnt allowed to be friends with her unless I did!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never had that problem. I was very lazy when it came to following up on calls (I would let them go out of date on purpose). That way, I never actually started a Bible Watchtower study. All I did was help get magazines and crapts placed, which was bad enough.

Not only that, but you don't start many studies going on other people's calls for one hour a month, having a ride across town to a call that wasn't home for my month's service, or walking down and back up a hill with no pedestrian traffic and calling that an hour's service. And when I did get stuck going to a door, I usually dogged it (flubbed up the presentation on purpose so the person would not be interested). Needless to say, I didn't have any studies to dump when I quit field circus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit