Wondering if this is true or not.

by Shizuko 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shizuko
    Shizuko

Hey, I am new here but I was surfing on Yahoo Answers and came a long this..

New change in Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrine?-Link

"Once again, "new light" has been received from the Watchtower Society.

Jehovah's Witnesses, who claim to be God's channel used to teach that only 144,000 would go to heaven and that those people were chosen by the year 1935. The rest of us would live on a paradise earth. Now they are dispensing with the 1935 teaching and are saying that ANYONE can now have the heavenly hope. They are also tossing their 1914 doctrine by claiming the "generation of 1914" is not literal but is a representation of those who have the heavenly hope.

I grew up being taught that the "generation of 1914 will not pass away". Meaning Armageddon would come before people who were aware of the events of 1914 would die.

The year is now 2007. Armageddon hasn't occurred. The Watchtower keeps changing it's doctrine because they know they are wrong. They are covering their butts. They are nothing but false prophets. (Deut. 18:22)

So, why do you Jehovah's Witnesses keep following a false prophet?
    • 3 months ago

Additional Details

3 months ago

I am not disfellowshipped.

Two people mention that I am wrong in saying that anyone can now have the heavenly hope. By dispensing with the teaching that the Anointed were sealed in 1935 they have opened the door to anyone (meaning a baptized JW) having the heavenly hope. It seems obvious to me. I even asked an elder and he agreed with me.

This is proven by the fact that the 4 newest Governing Body members are all too young to have been baptized in 1935. So how am I spreading blasphemy?

For any who don't know, this announcement was made at the Annual Meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses, discussed at this week's service meeting and there will be a Watchtower on it in January."

I was rasied as a JW but not into it now and have not been to meetings in a while so I don't know what's going on anymore with that stuff, and is it true that now there will be two versions of the Watchtower?

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Here's a couple threads that discuss the new private & public watchtowers.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/146079/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/147309/2667387/post.ashx#2667387

AND - Welcome to the board.

• erynw
    erynw

Welcome to the board!

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest