by valkyrie 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Jehovah will save me.
    This I know -
    For the study-Watchtower
    Tells me so.

[Hmm-hmm-hmm-hmm
    hmm-hmm-hmm ...] The comment below reminded me of the children's ditty, "Jesus loves me":

"The second article was a bit scary for me, since I am not yet baptised, I also worry for my kids who are all in their 20s and very worldly. I feel like I am getting on a life boat and leaving my kids to drown! The article said to me that this next year is crucial in preparing for the battle. It also told me that Jehovah will guide his people just as he always has. I still need to read the third article, I will do that now.
    "stand firm and see the salvation of Jehovah" wow such a powerful statement."

- Comment made by poster at http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5051&page=6 regarding the 15 November (2007) Watchtower.

The excerpt was lifted from a thread which discusses the demerits of Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" novel series and the recent film based on the first book. Understanding that participants in the thread tend to believe unreservedly that which they read (e.g., the Watchtower magazine's call-to-arms), it is easy to see why they fear exposure even to self-declared works of fiction; they may find themselves in the difficult situation of having to believe in d æmons, truth compasses, armed polar bears and such.

-V

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The emotional guilt the WT throw at people is lamentable!!

Your own kids after lives are on your heads!!

And your own afterlife is a meaningless folly unless you can certify theirs!

They are a nasty bunch of stock traders in guilts!!

And they keep uping the cost to you by inflating your responsibilities!

Guaranteed to keep you suckin their oil!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit