The origin of angels and demons

by jacethespace 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Genesis 6:1-2- And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born unto them.2 That the sons of god saw the daughters of men that they were fair and they took them wives of all which they chose.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days and also after that when the sons of god came in unto the daughters of men and they bare children to them the same became mighty men which were of old men of renown.

Some intresting questions to ask jws who come to see you:

1 Has god given angels the power and capability to reproduce?

2 How did the sons of god come to the earth and take women for themselves and there women produce children if they could not reproduce?

Considering that jesus said that the angels do not marry then the story of the nephillim is a very intresting one to do some research on.

I have often wondered about who god and jesus christ and the demons actually are.

In Genesis 1:1 In the beginning god created the heaven and the earth.

Luke 24:51- And it came to pass while he blessed them he was parted from them and carried up into heaven.

I think somewhere along the line religon has misunderstood and twisted just what the bible means when it speaks about heaven.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

And i thought it was Dan Brown

• Superslave
    Superslave

Ah but according to the JWs all angels are men. Thats why they wouldn't want to marry or reproduce.

• TheDoctor
    TheDoctor

They always depict them as men in artwork, but from what ive always understood they are neither male nor female. Its funny that all decided to be men, and impregnate women though...Guess id prefer not to give birth as well though. D

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

This wek alone a million people will die many of whom wont have any idea about the above. If each of us are so loved by God that it is so important for us to learn this stuff, you can be assured we would know it already! The divine reality which set the cosmos in motion has far more abilities than we could even speculate at.

To me The Bible has become another book in an old library that I wish I had never been told about due to the suffering its influence inflicts on people in all sorts of ways.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The NT view of angels and demons is rooted in the Enochic tradition (indeed, even directly utilizes it in Jude), which interprets Genesis 6 as involving the descent of a contingent of heavenly angels to earth, who transgress their order of nature by marrying women (as the "proper abode of spiritial beings of heaven is heaven"). The giants that are born are wicked and semi-divine, in that they are fleshly but at the same time immortal. God commissions Enoch to intercede with the angels, bringing condemnation upon them. Then he dispatches the archangels Michael and Gabriel to seize the angels and imprison them underneath the earth, in chains of darkness where they will be held until Judgment Day. As for the giants, they are killed when the Flood is brought upon the earth. They drown, and their physical bodies die, but their spirits are immortal, and are released as impure spirits that have wandered the earth ever since. Because they lost their original bodies, they continually seek new bodies to inhabit. Hence, the problem of demon possession and the behavior of demons in the NT (note, for instance, that after inhabiting a herd of swine, the demons are sent off a cliff to drown themselves -- mimicking their drowning in the Flood). The Society is ignorant of the broader intellectual and religious context of the NT and thus doesn't realize that early Christians believed that the demons were the spirits of the giants before the Flood, NOT (as the Society has it) the fallen angels who are themselves imprisoned (in Tartarus, as the NT puts it).

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    Nephilim (giants) are only mentioned twice in the Bible so there are varied theories regarding them.

Genesis 6:4
    The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Numbers 13:33
    We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.

Angles and demons have the same origins, demons were angels but thrown out of Heaven after a rebellion. Satan was an angel in heaven but was kicked out because of pride (he decided he would be like Almighty God) and his dishonest trade.

So have you got the important issues worked out? What is the new covenant? What is being born again? Why did Jesus die?

Get those sorted and everything else will fall into place.

All the best,
    Stephen

• knock knock
    knock knock

Heroes of old...men of renown. That's what I think of when I think of evil. Ah, but words change I suppose.

BTW, I was imprisoned in TarterSauce once myself and it's not nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit