Round and Round

by bite me 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bite me
    bite me

the wheels in my brain are going round and round and I can't stop it. As a recap, I am not, nor have I been a JW's but have family and friends in it so I grew up around it. I've been to a handful of sunday services, a couple of the waste of time assemblies, (out of respect for those who invited me). I sit there and it all goes in one ear and out the other. I do not allow myself to take in the false and incorrect information. I've been doing a lot of research to prove this religion is not the way to go. When I think I find something, I look it up in the NWT to see how much of a difference there is. Of course we know there is a lot of difference, but when you are trained using only one source how are the individuals able to think or even see the other side? I don't even know what I am trying to ask here. I don't know who is more confused, them or me. I know where my beliefs stand. So that is not where I am confused. I am confused as to how I can bring up topics which conflict with the real truth without them proving me otherwise using their bible. Then I go back to mine and they pull out their bible. is there any way in getting around it? I don't see it possible anymore.

I dont' want to sit around and try to fight with scriptures. I need to find another method to get around and help them open their eyes.

I'm hurting here, so I need any advise I can possibly find or get. Thanks a bunch.

Oh, on a more positive side.. I've been doing a lot of praying (more than usual) for my friend who was stuck on never missing a meeting. We'll For two weeks straight she hasn't gone! Power of prayer is working? I pray on things like to help her not have such an urge to please the organization, to study God's word because she wants to not because she "has" to. We'll not going lately is great. But now I'd like to see her study using non wt stuff. If she is doing that or not, I don't know. She might be, if she is. that would be awesome.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Don't argue! Ask really good questions. The JWs believe they have God's ear, why should they listen to you? Try this Guy. Wilbur's a friend of mine. http://www.amazon.com/Approaching-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Love-Effectively/dp/0875087787/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200574875&sr=1-1 Approaching Jehovah's Witnesses in Love: How to Witness Effectively Without Arguing (Paperback) by Wilbur Lingle (Author)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit