Truism about humanity (was Watchtower hysteria)

by NameWithheld 0 Replies latest jw friends

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Catching up on the board, I ran across this statement by Joel. This is one of the most basic, true, fundamental things that began the eye-opening for me. It's also one reason that I think the WTBTS tries so hard to keep it's members separated from all external, aka "worldly" groups of people, even seemingly good ones like charities, sports, etc.

Once you begin to realize that humans are humans, no matter what group of people they claim to be, what goal they are trying to accomplish, etc, then you begin to see the JW org is no different than the 'world'. Even though they try and claim they are so different.

The examination of group dynamics is a very interesting thing. The examination of large organizations is interesting too - at some point an organization becomes almost entirely consumed with the task of self-preservation.

Billy,
    I didn't see your first posts or the attacks you speak of, but this board is basically like any other group of people and so is the Kingdom Hall. There is no magic pill that people take to become different.

I run into basically the same dynamics wherever I go. I'm learning not to expect things to change simply because I stamp my feet and insist that they do.

Welcome to the world (which includes Jehovah's Witnesses). You can accept it and manuveur through as best you can and enjoy the journey or you can sit and pout about it or rant and rave about it. Neither one will change it one iota.

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit