Why they cant change!

by jefferywhat 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Michael/jesus

They cant change this as it helps them keep Jesus in a Subservient position.
    This is one of the strangest policies of the WT, why would Jesus be the "angel" that dragged the jews around the wilderness?

I wonder if this idea of Michael being Jesus came out around the same time that Jesus was no longer worshipped ( 1950's) Anyone know?

I dont think this date is as important anymore, however 1918 is, its the year of the inspection, the year they won the scholarship, if they change 1914, they will have to rethink their policy on being the only true religion.

The GLOBAL Flood.

If they change this, the old theory of carbon dating being inaccurate prior to the flood would be muted, this would mean that all of the dates reported by science would be provable, this would mean the genealogy of Jesus to Adam would be wrong, thus the whole bible.

BLOOD

If they dilute what the first century governing body( in lower case of course) said then they will dilute their authority and open themselves up to debate.

What else?

Its just I have had questions and have asked them here and searched the WT CD. I have seen some very convincing letters to the GB just get slammed and I realized its because the real issues arent being argued, there is bigger issues behind the scenes.

It all counts for nothing if they were not approved in 1918, their answers are as relevant as my dads and its a waste of time writing a letter to someone who has no real authority.

Their response only matters if you believe they have the authority they say they do.

Thats what is starting to stand out, are they really the FDS, when and if the inspection took place in 1918, how different were we? The more I look, the more I realize we werent that different at all, and on the points we differed, weve changed.

Any other thoughts on what cant change because of.......

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

They could easily change the blood policy to make it a conscience matter, but they won't because they will get their asses sued to kingdom come. The lawyers would never let them.

They can't entirely abandon the 1914 doctrine because, as you imply, it is so intimately linked to their 1918 spiritual inspection & appointment creed, whereby their derive their authority to lord it over God's 'household'.

However they can easily change what 1914 means by simply dropping some major events that are pegged to the date. They could easily spin it to say that 1914 is still the beginning of the last days (because WW1 started then) and the 'composite sign' has indeed been in evidence since 1914, but that Jesus did not return then and his parousia did not start then...they can simply move those things forward and say Jesus' installation as King and the coming of the Kingdom are all future, starting from the GT. Jesus didn't have to become king since 1914 to have inspected the Watchtower Society and appointed them; they can easily separate the two in the minds of most of their loyal devotees. That way they can stick with their 1914-1919 chronology & retain their authority but abandon their ridiculous teaching that Jesus was installed as King then. Most of the rank and file would marvel at this 'new light', because it is in fact a lot more reasonable than the current absurd position. Most would remain devoted Watchtowerites even after such a big change. The pressure will definitely be on to have a fresh look at all this in a couple of decades, or even earlier..

• 5go
    5go

Why can't they change because simply put the JW meme won't let them.

A meme is a collective consciousness of a group. In this case JWs are known for two things 1914 and blood rejection. Take those two ideas away and the JW meme dies and becomes a different meme. Seeing as the meme (group) wants to survive it prevents those changes from happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit