It's ugly...it's subliminal...it's in the toy trunk

by cultswatter 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
  • cultswatter
    cultswatter

Is that Spok???

By the way that is a 2 pager so grab holt of yer scroll bars.

Why Word 2007??? because I think that 2007 is best and virus free and if you don't like the way the doc looks then change it to suit your apostate needs (banners, signs, laundromat specials)

Why is the file size so large? That is because the pictures are TIFFs so the document will print out real nice. Now I don't know how to extract a TIFF image from a Word document but if you want to do your own photoshop with any pic that you see then PM me for a TIFF of that image.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I just noticed that most of the pics in the March 15 08 WT are real life images. I think there is only 1 posterized (photoshopped) picture in the whole mag. That is quite a shift in the way the art dept. does business. Maybe the art dept. is in lock down mode???

I'm going to watch mutiny on the bounty tonight to get into the mood.

• AlphaOmega
  • cultswatter
    cultswatter

Not an exact match but the closest I've seen The 6 screens of the watchtower incorrectly say that the triangle as depicted in the Word document is the Grimoire of Honerius . The 6 screens simply made an honest mistake. Look again - that is a protruding eye with a red jewel. No half moon there at all..

• tula
    tula

The words in question come from an esoteric/magic/religious text on spirit evocation called the Goetia, or Lesser Key of Solomon the King (the first book of the Lemegeton, I believe). They were found on a diagram commonly known as a triangle of evocation, wherein 'spirits' were supposed to become manifested as a result of the magician's conjurations. They've been rendered into Latin letters and probably spelled phonetically by a person who didn't speak the language. They are:

Anaphaxeton

Anapheneton

Primeumaton

I was thinking that if I could identify the origins and meanings of those terms, I might be able to track down the earlier sources for such practices. I haven't ruled out a possible Hebrew connection, but my first guess was that they were of Greek origin (Tetragrammaton was nearby on an inscription, and I recognized that as a Greek term often written in place of the Hebrew name for Jehovah). Any suggestions you might have on translations and origins of these words would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the most complete responses I received from that query:

"ANAPHAXETON: Perhaps derived from ANA-APHASSW (to feel/touch/reach upwards)?

ANAPHENETON: Perhaps should be ANAPHAINETON: something that has been lit up
    (ANA-PHAINW). If so,
    then it sounds like a Greek speaker said this word, and a non-Greek speaker
    wrote it, since the AI
    diphthong is virtually an "E" sound (as in our word "air").

PRIMEUMATON: Looks like a combo Greco-Latin word. PRIMA (Latin) = "first"; EU
    (Greek) = "good" (in
    the qualitative sense, not moral); MA (Greek) = noun-making particle; TON
    (Greek) = diminutive
    ending. ==> "first good thing" ????"

----------------

"I would take the second one as a phonetic spelling of anaphaineton, so
    'making known, revealing', something like that. The others are too hard for
    my brief analysis, but the third, as we agree, seems to involve a Latin
    element. None of the words is Hebrew.

The Latin element in the third word is prim- 'first'
    eumaton MAY be eumathon which would mean 'easily learnt'"

----------------------------

"I am afraid I can't think of the origin of these words right now. A Greek
    friend of mine from Athens suggested the following for some words.

1. Anapheneton could be derived from Anaphainome which means to become
    'perceptive by vision'; to look impressive; to come out of obscurity

2. Anaphaxeton is perhaps derived from Anaphxetos which means:
    something has not increased; it can not be increased.

Ana in Arabic means I am. Somehow the first word makes me think of the Sufis.
    The meaning in Arabic then would be similar to Greek, but much more."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit