losing the plot for jehoovah

by jacethespace 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Has anyone ever met people whithin the kingdom mall that are seriously mentally unstable to the point of completly losing it?

For example ive heard from members of my cong that we once had a guy who believed he was an angel and would try to eat the bread and wine at the memorial evening[ and the elders would stop him].Theres been many others ive heard of.At one assembly a poor old guy was giving a talk and i overheard someone i know mention how " he gives good talks but hes had a big nervous breakdown over the years"

I was suspicous when i heard these things then but now all these things start to fit into place.I mean how can an organization who professes gods backing have so much mental instability.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I have always made the observation and have made the comment quite often to many of my former dub friends that the wts attracts all sorts of people. There are many in the world that do have serious mental and emotional problems. Many of these are rejected by society and therefore are left in their own little world. And then what happens? Along come the dubs in field circus and begin to show INTEREST in these poor souls.

Someone LIKES me! So, they start to study with the dubs, get their heads filled with promises of this and that and here they are. Seriously, they feel they are a part of something BIG, something that really cares about and accepts THEM. I know from expierence that the truth doesn't change them, they have serious mental and emotional problems that should really be addressed by health care professionals. But, the wts believes that all of these problems will be cured with the new system. In the meantime, the local cong has to deal with these individuals.

I feel pity for these poor souls, because once they are fully integrated into the dub system they are recognised as being a little deficient and virtually cast aside by the whole. That is of course with the ex ception of the rest of the mentally/emotionally impaired ones that they hook up with.

NMG

• metaspy
    metaspy

A better question would be:
    Does anyone who has been a JW NOT know someone mentally unstable?
    I knew lots of them!
    Certain brothers' actions could only be explained as "that's just who they are".

To pick a specific example, a brother said he saw aliens.
    Another time he said that he gave a ride to an angel. (he knew it was an angel because it disappeared after he dropped it off)
    yet another time, he said that he saw and interacted with an anointed brother after the anointed brother died.

There's lots more where those came from...

• oompa
    oompa

OMG yes!! Duh! or whatever!!...........I have seen so many....that I too am probably a chestnut....oompa

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Think it's 50/50 split. They attract the mentally unstable and they cause the instability / depression.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Oh yeah...but then I am the pot calling the kettle black. I am reminded of a long time sister remarking how difficult it is to find sheep among educated people....like teachers.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    Yes I know someone who is an active JW but suffers with severe spells of depression and has suicidal tendencies.

Interesting thing thing he is totally sold on the religion and will tell me day a night why I am wrong as a born again Christian.

For sure, it doesn't sound like "God's organization" when they are so many on going problems.

Matthew 7 (New International Version)

A Tree and Its Fruit

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
    21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Regards,
    Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit