Hotel rooms and the Org.

by noontide 3 Replies latest jw friends

• noontide
    noontide

The tread regarding the special announcement http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/150436/1.ashx got me thinking about some of the misconceptions regarding hotel room reservations for the assembly. I have been working in the Hospitality (hotel) industry for over 6 years now and was a Sales Manager (sold rooms to large conventions) for about 2 years when I first began my career. Now, I write the following with experience in a rather large corporation and with one of the better-named brand hotels; whether this applies to the smaller sized hotels or motels, I do not know.

The more room nights they agree to book, the better the discount.

300 room nights - $250 night
    500 room nights - $150 night
    700 room nights - $99 night and so on.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Exactly. Or if they rent a facility tell the brothers up front. Hey we got a great rate but it is dependant on us buying stuff on the concession stands - hot dogs, burgers etc.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Regardless of whether they get a kickback for booking rooms or have to pay a fine for not getting them booked, it still comes out of the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund when people do not book rooms with the motels through the Society or simply do not go at all.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Assemblies are one big waste of money. It's a financial burden on the avg publisher, and it's suits no purpose other than giving speakers an opportunity to travel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit