My Observations About My Congregation

by TooBad TooSad 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Last Sunday as I sat at the meeting, being bored out of mind, I looked around the Hall to try to

determine why each member was in attendence. I was there because of family ties. My wife

was there because she likes other people to make decisions for her. She likes the structure of

the WTBTS. Examples : where to go to summer assemblies, where you can stay, where you

can and can not buy food, don't save seats, what you can do in bed with your mate, you get my drift.

Then there are those who were born into the cult and all that they know is being a JW. Most of

these individuals looked very bored. They will have a good chance of getting out of the cult

unless they marry a JW and have children and need to be around their JW parents for help.

Then there are the loons. They are the ones that are always nodding their heads in agreement

with what is being said from the platform and they always say how good the talk was but to a normal person

the talk was boring and repetitive. These are also the ones that were brought in by Bible studies.

They were easy prey because they are mentally messed up and like the routine of being a JW.

They do not know the difference between true brotherly affection and conditional love.

They also love to take notes. Then there are the smart intelligent ones , with good paying

jobs, nices cars and homes and they are usually elders who can think for themselves but they

like the honor they receive for being elders. These are the ones who will go on long vacations

to nice locations and not go to meetings while gone. They pretend to be righteous but will not invite

the brothers or sister of lesser means to their homes for a meal or for

association. They like getting parts at the district and circuit assemblies. They remain JW's because

they have the best of both worlds. They also miss more meetings than the average JW.

Then we have the people who are normal and happy, they may have doubts about the truth but they really

don't care. They are like little "dust bunnies" that will go where the hot air of WTBTS blows them.

There are the ones that are in their 70's who look disappointed but after 30 to 40 years of believing

just can't give up and admit they are wrong. I would assume that most congregations are like this.

Maybe the churches are no different?

TooBad TooSad

• journey-on
    journey-on

This probably describes 99.9% of all congregations (in the Western world anyway).

I loved this description: They are like little "dust bunnies" that will go where the hot air of WTBTS blows them.

And all this insight was triggered by boredom.....lol.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Interesting summation. You could turn boredom into a career.

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Yeah that sums it up for sure.

Although at our congregation, last year they opened a "school" to learn sign language so they could join the sign language congregation.....and just about half our congregation wanted to join (around 50 or so), they scaled it back so that only 15 could join the school at time. Now its 2 years later, there's about 40 - 45 in the sign language congo, and only 3 of them are acually deaf. So I guess what I'm saying is, life as a Witness is getting boring. (well for me anyway). Im starting to get sick of 7 hours of meetings and Bible Studies per week.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

nothing like learning a new language to excite the JW's into sticking around for a little longer-

nothing like learning a new language to distract you from spending time researching the truth behind this organization when you become bored

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit