Tis the season of giving is far from over. :-(

by whyamihere 6 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I was at my daughters school this morning to look into her accounts(lunch money/milk money) and making sure she had enough. Given the knowledge that my daughter has more than the usual student - sadly I asked, if there was aid for some kids in need. Expressing that there is aid, however, it's only for lunch, as some students don't have breakfast and go to school hungry. The school that my daughter goes to serves breakfast to certain students, mainly the ones whose parents have an early shift. I felt horrible - thinking my kids are lucky, but some are not as fortunate. So I pulled out my wallet and made a deposit for any student going to school hungry. I made sure that my name isn't given and asked them to let me know the amount, as I would make more deposits throughout the school year.

It's really sad and I am not looking for praise or recognition. This is what I do and will continue to do.

Children don't need kindness once a year, hardships are everyday - all day. Warmth and food is more important than a toy. I see kids at the age of 6 getting I Pods and Digital cameras, while others go to school hungry and cold. Sad world we live in. If you can give, go to your local school - the children need us more now than ever.

Brooke

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I always knew you were more than a pretty face and a nice rack

God bless ya hon! If we all were our brothers keeper we would put the government out of a job.

~Hill

• Mary
    Mary

Good for you Brooke!

I remember sharing my lunch with a girl in grade 3: Diane Meager. Her parent were absolute scum who were a couple of useless drunks and used to beat the kids up. They would send them to school with a couple of icing donuts for their lunch, because daddy pissed all their welfare money away at the bar the previous night. So I used to share my lunch with her.

Thanks to your generosity, another kid will get at least one meal today.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

All I can say is 'WELL DONE'!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Now this is what real charity is all about. On behalf of those little children, THANK YOU!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

That's a sweet thing to do.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

I just wish everyone could see things this way! I work in a very wealthy part of my city, and seeing the way (some) people behave and what they put priority on, really gets under my skin sometimes.

Keep it up brooke!!

jelcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit