Fairtax.org

by Dino 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Dino
    Dino

Would you vote for a presidential candidate that advocated this radical new way of funding the US government?

Mike Huckabee has made it a major part of his campaign platform. Do you think that an underground economy would emerge?

Because of the voluminous paperwork associated with business taxes and filings, this sounds kinda' intriguing!

Your thoughts please.

Dino

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I read the Fair Tax book a couple years ago. It makes a lot of sense.

I already was leaning toward Huckabee before I knew he was for the Fair Tax. When I heard that I knew he's my choice.

I believe there is an underground economy under the present system. There will always be people that cheat the system. But perhaps if the system is more fair for everyone not so many would cheat.

• 5go
    5go

Is it the flat tax (modified poll tax based on earnings) or the sales (anti-consumer tax)

I prefer getting rid of the current system and just taxing those with the money the rich and industry.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Here's some info at http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/taxes/a/aafairtax.htm

"If you thought the Flat Tax was a good idea that failed, you're going to utterly love the FairTax. The latest "let's dump the Tax Code" idea from Washington's wishful well of best intentions we call Congress, the FairTax bill would abolish all federal income taxes, death taxes, capital gains taxes, and payroll taxes and replace them with a national retail sales tax."

If you are interested, Neal Boortz wrote The Fair Tax Book that explains it. It was an interesting read.

• 5go
    5go
    Neal Boortz

Yeah so many people have called him on his nativity about this I am surprised he still admits he co-wrote that book.

The fair tax plan is so complex that even it's writers get stumped on how it will work in the end.

I think the biggest lie though is the IRS will go away. No the IRS collects taxes in whatever form they will be collected in so the IRS will not be going away. In fact it will be getting more invasive do to the fact that it will be charged with tracking all sales to see if the correct tax amount was collected.

And that is before we get into the complex way they tried to solve the regressive part of the fairtax via moronic refund system which would involve reporting your income anyway. I though the point of it was to get away from that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit