The Word

by MikeNightHaShev 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MikeNightHaShev
    MikeNightHaShev

Quote:

>>But the Word of God is not just black symbols on a page. It is the ideas and thoughts
    >> of God Himself revealed to mankind. These revealed principles are preserved
    >>in the Bible regardless of the minor differences in the manuscripts we have today.
    >> That is the preservation of the Word of God He promised.
    - -

The problem with this is that man still has to perceive what it means and do something with that word that's on that paper.

Now think about this carefully.
    I hand you a pop up book and out of it pops up a picture of a shovel.
    What will you perceive this shovel to mean?
    One person sees it as a tool to dig Gold another to dig themselves out of their circumstances and another might see it as a shovel to shovel his BULL chips with because he feels guilt for always lying.
    Each perceives the symbol differently depending on mood, attitude, ego, bias, affiliation, education, location, culture, fascination, drive, ability etc all influence what one perceives in the same message.

Now lets take this a step further.
    What one does with this message of the shovel is also influenced by these factors as well as determining whether one progresses and is successful in life.
    In other words someone who is of negative nature might never apply this shovel that pops out of the book to improve their life and might be insulted by it's message, but another more spiritually grown person might be able to use that message or symbol to advance themselves and influence their lives by implementing it to a positive means therefore they have done something with that book and applied it to better their lives.

Those who use the same book to improve their lives and society as a whole when they murder by their book or steal then go to jail by their influences through that same book they make that shovel merely dig dirt.
    Others use that same book help humanity live good righteous lives they took that same shovel and made it dig gold.
    Same Book, same shovel, but man still has to perceive and utilize it in his own will, there lies the problem.

That shovel in the wrong hands is dangerous and in the right hands it's a blessing.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Good argument. I wonder how we'd interpret it if it were a picture of a shovel, then a picture of people using a shovel, then a picture of people not using a shovel, then a picture of a big powerful man killing all those who didnt use the shovel.

Sirona

• serenaj92
    serenaj92

Very good analogy. I think this is the whole idea with the bible too. That is why he put alot of things as symbols and pictures to test how we would use that information. Something was brought up to me as doing loose conduct because of my smoking. (just to clarify, I started after I left the org not during. I know their rules.) I stated that when JWs started out there were alot of them smoking. Ask most people to define loose conduct and they will say fornication. Back when the bible was wrote, maybe they had other terms for it. WE don't know, but I took those two words, the way it was written, to be put as how the individual reading them would interpret them and not smoking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit