Imponderables -- Why would God Almighty Need a Day of Rest?

by Swan 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Swan
    Swan

Another thread reminded me of some of the things I used to think about growing up. Here are some of the things I used to think about back when I was a doubting JW...

Why would an omnipotent all-powerful God need a seventh day of rest? And if he was everlasting to everlasting, don't you think he was already bored with resting and that's why he started creating in the first place?

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons and fingerprints? Where would they keep their lint? (LOL - Okay, that's a joke I threw in.) If they had no fingerprints, how did they grip the forbidden fruit or pick anything up?

Why did God give Adam nipples?

When the flood came and froze all of those mastodons in Siberia and fossilized dinosaurs, why didn't Noah's neighbors get frozen? How come archaeologists haven't ever found frozen or fossilized Nephilim?

If plants were created before the insects and birds (flying creatures of the heavens) how did they pollinate on their own for 7000 years? Why don't plants still do that? Did Jehovah mow the lawns for 7000 years?

Did Jehovah speed up the process to create petrified wood so it would look millions of years old instead of several thousand years? If so, why?

Did the Nile River turn into blood at the border to Egypt, or was it all they way back to Victoria Falls? If the latter, why were countries to the south made to pay for Pharaoh's obstinace? Did the Nile River turn back into water at the Mediterranean Sea?

Why didn't Joshua get really bad sunburn when the sun stood still? Wouldn't the other side of the world have frozen? Why weren't there weather related disasters recorded for years to come?

If Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible, how did the ending of Deuteronomy get written? Was it just a lucky guess about how things would turn out?

Why did God invent parasites like mosquitoes, tapeworms, and fleas? If he is resting from creation, where do all these new viruses come from?

I may have covered some of these before, but you can see why I was inactive for so long before I DA myself.

Tammy

• DT
    DT
    Why would an omnipotent all-powerful God need a seventh day of rest?

Because man made god in his image.

• Swan
    Swan

Another one: Why after running spell check, proofing for grammer, formatting, etc. did I overlook that this thread is in the wrong category?

If a moderator could move it to Friends I would be much obliged.

Tammy

• erynw
    erynw
    Why would an omnipotent all-powerful God need a seventh day of rest?

He went to sleep and hasn't woken up yet.

That explains everything, prayers going unanswered, wickedness, postponement of the date of armageddon.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    If Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible, how did the ending of Deuteronomy get written? Was it just a lucky guess about how things would turn out?

Swan, do you mean where Moses died, they had a 30-day funeral, and that Joshua did as Moses commanded, and the people listened?

Yeah Moses wrote that. About a year after Moses died, God resurrected him for a few minutes so he could write those last 8 verses, then God let him die again! Don't you get it?

• knock knock
    knock knock

To give time for that which had been created to marvel at that which had been created.

Do you think though that perhaps humans have been so troublesome that god has decided on a four day work week yet? And what about extended vacations? Sick leave?

Has the subject of insurance come up in heaven so as to mitigate the harm that humans have caused to creation?
    Man, I wish now I hadn't read this thread... So many unimponderable things to ponder.

• Swan
    Swan
    Do you think though that perhaps humans have been so troublesome that god has decided on a four day work week yet? And what about extended vacations? Sick leave?

Did Jehovah invent Aloha Fridays?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit