How the Earth Was Made: History Channel

by lonelysheep 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I recommend anyone watch this great, informative program. They can also be purchased on DVD.

The Universe is excellent, as well.

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=104240

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I watch The Universe episodes when I can. I caught the first half of the new one last night about moons during my lunch break. I learned a few new things about Io.

I'm not sure if I saw How the Earth Was Made or not, but I watch enough of The History Channel that I probably did at one point or another. :)

I think I remember it, it had the little logarithmic timeline bar animation at the bottom.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I second your motion, Lonleysheep! I have seen the show on DirecTV and it is MAGNIFICENT! It seems they've brought in all of the current understanding of geologic and planetary physics to explain the entire process from a ball of hot gas and dust to the accumulation of the seas to the evolution of the continents to a GREEN SEAs world prior to the arrival of the stromatolites to our beautiful blue orb of today.

I would put it on the shelf right next to COSMOS. Excellent stuff!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Haven't seen this program but I love the History Channel. I'll watch out for it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah I was raving about this program to my bf after I saw it.

Great introduction to geology.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Cosmos is good I have that series on DVD, too. Infact they're airing it on The Science Channel Tuesday nights. It doesn't have the fancy graphics of "The Universe", but I don't think anyone has been able to match Sagan's imagery, and convey the same passion that he does on the subjects.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Excellent show

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I think I remember it, it had the little logarithmic timeline bar animation at the bottom.

Yes, it did.

The geological presentation was done in such an interesting way, and neutral, IMO.

L

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit