Politics & America

by LouBelle 3 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I must say for the first time I'm actually interested in the politics of America. I don't know the details of it and the different camps but I must say with Oprah backing that one dude (don't know his name) and with Hilary Clinton running - it is very interesting. I reckon either one of these 2 could do a very good job.

How do you guys feel and who are you supporting and why

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    I reckon either one of these 2 could do a very good job.

You don't know the "dudes" name and you think he would do a good job? Why?

• thom
    thom

There are maybe 8 names in the running now that are getting better than single digit percentages. I'm not surprised that Clinton and Obama are the two names people outside the U.S. are mostly hearing about. I think that if either one of them wins their primary, it will swing a few votes toward the Republicans as people may vote against either of them. I thought Bill Clinton was reasonably good as a president, but I have no interest in Hillary winning. I don't believe the administrations will be similar. Obama is a good speaker, but I believe inexperienced for the job. I'd take Lieberman (though he's not running) or Ron Paul (won't win the primary) over any of them. I'm guessing that those outside the U.S. are just more intrigued that a woman and a black man are in the running. We have never had either as president and the world wants to see what happens. It may be interesting, but it would be nice to have a president that is effective and reasonable, not one based only on their skin color or sex.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Deputydog - I saw a piece on him about how he had made a change in the area he was governor/mayor over - and a change for the better - It sounded like New York but wasn't the big apple New Yick??? Like I said I"m not familiar with American Politics at all.

thom - you right - there is so much fuss going on about Clinton and Obama and a third guy (for the librals - not too sure) The reasons for interest are as you stated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit