Finding the Christ within

by LouBelle 2 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

So many of todays' christians (if I can take the liberty and generalise) are looking to christ to come again and set them free - the man came once and that didn't go so well, I truly doubt he is going to be popping down here anytime soon.

I feel more that you need to find your own christ - the christ within (or buddah or spirit) your true inner self and let that "out" - live your life true to your real self.

Please don't ""throw scripture"" at me about him coming on a cloud, to set the captives free, I don't believe that is any more literal than only a 144 000 being chosen for a heavenly life.

• poppers
    poppers
    I feel more that you need to find your own christ - the christ within (or buddah or spirit) your true inner self and let that "out" - live your life true to your real self.

I agree completely. Find what you really are, your true Self, and stop looking outside yourself in religions and philosophies for answers. "You" (as you truly are) is what is sought.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Spot on LouBelle

Luke 17:20:21

Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

Now if Christ is the ruler of this kingdom, where will we find him?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit