...and why would God only want to create just ONE THING?!?!?!?!!?

by oompa 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oompa
    oompa

Give me a break! Dubs teach that Jesus created everthing in the universe, except himself. Now how does that sound for a life or job. I thing I will make something and then just stop, and let that creation do EVERYTHING else......Just maybe...maybe you were of the impression as a raised in dub, that Jehovah created everything.....unh-unh. See:

(Colossians 1:15-16) 15 He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him.

Ya gotta lover the little added (others) and there are four in the chapter. Never mind Rev. 22: 17-19 says not to add any words........

But why would ANYBODY want to have a son or make ONE THING and then just retire, and watch someone else do everything??????????? That makes no sense to me, and does anybody know how other Religions explain the Colossians passage?..............thanks....oompa

• Zico
    Zico

It's odd that Jehovah's Witnesses often refer to Jehovah as the creator, when their own theology says Jesus is the creator, it's a bit like saying your grandmother was the one who gave birth to you! But that is because they only pay lip service to everything Jesus is.

Anyway Oompa, other religions! The Jehovah's Witnesses would say the word 'firstborn' in this text shows Jesus was created, however, there is a Greek word for 'first created' and the Apostle Paul did not use this word, he used the Greek word for 'firstborn' which I believe the majority of scholars agree means 'origin of' and does not suggest being created by something else, and that would explain why Paul didn't write 'other' in the first place. (As there is a Greek word for 'other' as well) Most denominations do not believe Jesus was created, but is eternal like the Father.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If i was still a jw, i could start using the phrase 'jesus the creator'. That would bug them, and give me a chance explain that it's true, over and over, again ;-) S

• Chap
    Chap

John 1 refers to Jesus as "the Word". The Colossians passage refers to Jesus as the image of God. So in that sense, Jesus is the power of God coming forth. God created everything by his Word.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    John 1 refers to Jesus as "the Word". The Colossians passage refers to Jesus as the image of God. So in that sense, Jesus is the power of God coming forth. God created everything by his Word.

Huh?

• Chap
    Chap

: Give me a break! Dubs teach that Jesus created everthing in the universe, except himself. Now how does that sound for a life or job. I thing I will make something and then just stop, and let that creation do EVERYTHING else......Just maybe...maybe you were of the impression as a raised in dub, that Jehovah created everything.....unh-unh. See:

(Colossians 1:15-16) 15 He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him.

Ya gotta lover the little added (others) and there are four in the chapter. Never mind Rev. 22: 17-19 says not to add any words........

But why would ANYBODY want to have a son or make ONE THING and then just retire, and watch someone else do everything??????????? That makes no sense to me, and does anybody know how other Religions explain the Colossians passage?..............thanks....oompa

John 1:1-5 (KJV)
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:14 (KJV)
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I hope this clarifies my last post.

• sinis
    sinis

You know I never thought about that passage! That would mean that Jesus created man with the flaw. Why then the Universal soverignty issue if someone else made the design crappy and flawed? Its obvious that Jehovah did not create man, so then why would he defend his sons creation and kingship?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It was explained to me that Jehovah created everything, but that aside from Jesus He created everything in some kind of partnership with Jesus. Jesus was a co-creator kind of tool or something. Kind of like figuring out what "strange flesh" is, you gotta kinda take it on faith that Jehovah "created through" Jesus.

Maybe Jesus was some kind of molecular assembler. Jehovah built this assembler thingy and called it Jesus, and then He used the assembler thingy to create everything we see. Then Colossus Jesus got out of control and became corporeal, or God sent this assembler thingy to Earth to mess with natural laws as we know them (bringing back the dead, resurrecting itself, etc.). Yeah, Jesus is an android of immense power!

I think I saw something like that on Dr. Who once...

• oompa
    oompa
    void:

Maybe Jesus was some kind of molecular assembler. Jehovah built this assembler thingy and called it Jesus, and then He used the assembler thingy to create everything we see. Then Colossus Jesus got out of control and became corporeal, or God sent this assembler thingy to Earth to mess with natural laws as we know them (bringing back the dead, resurrecting itself, etc.). Yeah, Jesus is an android of immense power!

I think I saw something like that on Dr. Who once...

this is one of the funniest things i have ever read at jwd.....it should somehow make a jwd hall of fame........oompa....and dr. who....omg

• oompa
    oompa
    sinisRe: ...and why would God only want to create just ONE THING?!?!?!?!!?

Post 682 of 682
    since 24-May-05

You know I never thought about that passage! That would mean that Jesus created man with the flaw. Why then the Universal soverignty issue if someone else made the design crappy and flawed? Its obvious that Jehovah did not create man, so then why would he defend his sons creation and kingship?

Wow, using a new computer and did not know I could do that ........Sinus....you thing too much and so do i........make it stop.....................oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit