Battlefield Earth

by Frenchy 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Okay, who's seen it and what do you think?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I haven't seen it yet....we always wait for the video to come out :)

I had seen some information on this movie to the effect that there were subliminal messages about Scientology embedded in it (since the movie is based on one of L. Ron Hubbard's books). Any truth to the rumor?

• Simon
    Simon

I'm in the UK so it will be months before we get it
    The rumours are probably started on purpose to build up publicity for the film

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I haven't seen it yet and I haven't been able to talk to anyone who has. Perhaps I'll get to see it this weekend... Saw that submarine movie, though. I thought it was good but I wouldn't call it great.

• Liverwurstest
    Liverwurstest

I won't see it. The local paper here in Toronto gave it 0 out of five and said it is the worst movie to hit the screen in years! i THOUGHT IT LOOKED A LITTLE BIZZARE. I cant wait for MI 2

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I just heard a negative report about the movie also... bummer!

• Seven
    Seven

I also heard some very negative reviews about Battlefield Earth. I will wait 'till it's released
    to video. I read some positive remarks on DINOSAUR
    that will be in theaters later this week. It has 1,300 special-effect shots in comparison to Jurassic Park's 60. Here's hoping there's some plot to go along with it.

7of9

• waiting
    waiting

My daughter saw it and said it sucked big time.
    No plot.

The kid who does our electronics in our store saw it and thought it was fantastic - sound wise. We don't agree much - so I'm going with my daughter's opinion.

• Snowball
    Snowball

I saw it and it stunk big time!

I love sci-fi and hoped it would be good despite the bad reviews. It wasnt. Travolta has made a major embarrassment.

The plotline is just so unbelievable and the characters are one-dimensional. The decent effects are not enough to pull this movie out of the toilet.

Wayne Rogers

• OrangeVale Bob
    OrangeVale Bob

I read the book before I knew who L. Ron Hubbard was. The book was good, no, very good.
    The movie was a disgrace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit