Telegraph: Crisis may make 1929 look a 'walk in the park';Ron Paul wins.

by donkey 3 Replies latest jw friends

• donkey
    donkey

Thoms is gone so my thread about Greenspans Chickens is gone too. So let's start 2008 off with a prediction: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/money/2007/12/23/cccrisis123.xml

From page 2:
    Bernard Connolly, global strategist at Banque AIG, said the Fed and allies had scripted a Greek tragedy by under-pricing credit long ago and seem paralysed as post-bubble chickens now come home to roost. "The central banks are trying to dissociate financial problems from the real economy. They are pushing the world nearer and nearer to the edge of depression. We hope they will eventually be dragged kicking and screaming to do enough, but time is running out," he said.

Read the whole article and it is some pretty nasty stuff that our financal "leaders" have cooked up to serve us.

All this leads me to predict that the next president of the USA will be Ron Paul. I have not supported Ron Paul and still disagree with him on a few issues. But the one thing Paul has supported for years is the demolition of reserve banking and the return to the gold standard. I predict that we will return to the gold standard as a result of this mess and therefore Ron Paul will be president by default as long as he starts getting his message out in this regard.

Sorry to start 2008 off with more bad news. I wish we could just flip houses and make money instead.

Gravey

• dawg
    dawg

I find it hard to imagine that a man who believes the government shouldn't interfere in business can win the election besed on economic failures due to a lack of government intervention-in business. Reasons such as these, the libertarin's total inability to look at what happened in the past at this country's history and apply those principles today are why these types of messes begin in the first place. This nation was libertarian when these problems (banking, education, pollution and so forth) began, that's why the government had to intervene-free markets do not solve problems such as these, and they are prone to collosial failures where the wealthy take advantage of the rest of us. ANd the libertarian view of these past failures, to return to the failed systems that casued them in the first place.

Brilliant! Ron Paul's a lightweight... no way he wins the election this year or any other. You can take that to the bank. No way does he hold up in a debate where the opponet knows the history of this nation... I've watched him on TV, read articles where he was interviewed, read his website... he's clueless plain and simple. I'll bet you right now, a dime to a dollar Ron Paul's numbers are dismal this election.... any wagers?

Last thing to all you Libertarians, read the history of the SEC, the EPA, and so on and so forth... you'll see why the government stepped in if you do. Read what this nation was like on education when it was more libertarian in nature. Tell me then how you'd like this nation to return to that?

• donkey
    donkey

I should probably have left out anything regarding Ron Paul in this thread.

Personally I don't care for him or many of his views - agree he comes across as lacking depth on subjects.

My larger point was that the US and the UK are in dee doo-doo right now. I would not be surprised to see Merrill Lynch go belly up.

Cheers,

Gravey

• dawg
    dawg

Yea, I think things are about to crumble in the economic part of both countries. Too many bad decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit