Was Richard Nixon's chef a JW?

by roykaye 3 Replies latest jw friends

• roykaye
    roykaye

Around 30 years ago, an American visitor and his wife attended the meeting at the Kingdom Hall at Mumbai, India. I may have been in my early teens or younger so I don't remember much. Only that his name was Bro Hightower and he was President Richard Nixon's chef. I can't quite say if he was on Nixon's personal staff or if he was part of the White House staff when Nixon was in power. He was a very tall man. I remember that Hightower addressed the congregation at the end of the service meeting and then said the closing prayer, so I assume he may have been an elder. Does anyone know remember this person?

This thought came to me when I stumbled upon a site that lists 'prominent' JWs. Some of these people have been close to people in power. There are also scores of JWs who are unknown but in close contact with people in power (although this should be the subject of another thread).

• watson
    watson

Congrats, 1st Topic of 2008!!??

• Roddy
    Roddy

This thought came to me when I stumbled upon a site that lists 'prominent' JWs. Some of these people have been close to people in power. There are also scores of JWs who are unknown but in close contact with people in power (although this should be the subject of another thread).

Yeah. I saw a website that had a list of prominent JWs - at least the ones that are known. Should be a subject in another thread.

I remember that President Dwight D. Eisenhower's mother was a JW.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Most of the chef's for the Pres and Vice Pres have traditionally been from the armed services.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit