could it be a coincidence?

by XOCO 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XOCO
    XOCO

i know that i don't created a lot of topics but I've been thinking about my feelings towards JW teachings and what i have learned so far from JWD and a couple of other sites. i always found it hard 2 dismiss what i have learned from the KH and on apostate sites i feel like I'm in a cognitive dissonance, which means uncomfortable tension that may result from having two conflicting thoughts at the same time(wikipedia definition). I was asking myself what does jehovah mean to me and do i really belive what he stand for etc,etc i was trying to reassure myself by looking up the word Jehovah w/o using the WT publications for once(i was thinking that i would find something along the lines of Jah is good and our protector and savior etc,etc,) until i went to wikipedia and on youtube i came across this video that this lady put up on youtube.

Video: HOVAH means MISCHIEF

Definition/meaning of Jehovah

XOCO

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this one's a coincidence. I'll do some poking about and see if I can verify that, but I'm like 95% certain.

Dave

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey, little one of my heart.

I've come across that article, too. Since hovah may mean ruin or mischief, for which god would that term be more apropos?

You've got it. If that's true, Satan must be laughing his bummy off. Just a thought.

Sylvia

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sorry I can't find anything better than this, but here's an article that sort of addresses it:

http://www.ccg.org/english/s/p220.html

Essentially, you can't just grab the last few letters from a word and call it a suffix, then find a real suffix and assume they are the same thing.

Like my name for instance is "David". You could assume it's "Dav" and the suffix "id", meaning "in the state of". Then go looking for some prefix or root for "Dav" to figure out what state I'm in. In truth, though, it's derived from Hebrew and doesn't contain the suffix "id".

Dave

• XOCO
    XOCO

Almost Athesis: awe man sorry i could not come back to this thread in time my little sis was buggin' me to take her to the mall but i can't complain at least we did not go in FS today but i will look in to that and try to get more questions

Snowbird:tnx 4 da complement fo shizzle ma nizzle i've also wondered how many ppl come across this article too. the lady in the vid just makes me think of black angry apostate lol in my opinon its rarely unheard of in the black community 2 be an athesis but with this lady i don't she knows where she stands or if she even belives in a god. just my 2 cents

XOCO

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

The cognitive dissonance you are feeling is natural and healthy, but don't fall into the trap of seeing everything as black and white. JW's see a black and white world and it is a mistake of taking that same faulty thinking into your ex-JW life. It is not a matter of rejecting everything you learnt as a JW. The JW's teach some good, true doctrines IMHO but also teach much crap. Learn to keep what you feel is true and right and reject what is bollox. Be discerning & selective, not extreme. Good luck in your journey

• Roddy
    Roddy

Video: HOVAH means MISCHIEF

Oh, I've seen 2Proud2BMe videos (or rants) on YouTube before. She is a former JW that is singing sour grapes and continuing to sing sour grapes. She hasn't moved on and I doubt that she will.

YouTube currently counts that she made 50 videos. Who wants to bet that she'll cross the 100 videos mark all on the same theme? After seeing about three of them, I'd be willing to take that bet!

I find the videos of those that have moved on and are not stuck in bitterness more encouraging than the videos from 2Proud2BMe.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I've been in varying arena of cognitive quadrasence for around 3 decades. Out of frying pans into fires and from one crowd of shunners to another. It becomes a way of life for some that precipitates the same case scenarios because society likes labels to place people in pigeon holes that describe what they don't relate to.

• XOCO
    XOCO
    Roddy: I find the videos of those that have moved on and are not stuck in bitterness more encouraging than the videos from 2Proud2BMe.

that's really fair to say but i think in 2proud2beme is just trying to make awareness about JWs and i think in one of her clips she emphasize her mistreatment with jw that probably scared her 4 life, which i feel sorry 4 her. but i see the same ranting like this on JWD.

Must Obey: The JW's teach some good, true doctrines IMHO but also teach much crap. Learn to keep what you feel is true and right and reject what is bollox.

thats the thing right there i do agree with some if not most of the teachings that i learned as a kid live love/obey ur parents, don't steal, no premarital sex etc, etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit