Had an interesting dream the other night

by AlmostAtheist 8 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

A friend and I were trying to get somewhere fast, and I knew that it would be quicker if we ran through this church. So we went through a secret entrance and found ourselves in the church. She said, "Wow, I've never broken into a church before."

And I replied, "That's nothing. The hard part is when you try to break out!"

In the dream, I thought I was being serious, that it would be difficult to physically get out. And it was. There were many, many doors to get through, it was dark, I was concerned we'd get caught.

But when I woke up and was reviewing the dream, I couldn't help but think it was actually a reference to how hard it is to break out of the JW cult.

I don't have many JW dreams, so this was kind of fun. Thought I'd share it.

Dave

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Funny. For some reason I'm picturing you (Fry) and your friend (Bender) trying to escape from a futuristic church where the pews are robotic.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

This dream of yours is familiar. For me it is a wake up call to rush to the bathroom at 2 am. Just got to get to the right door.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"That's nothing. The hard part is when you try to break out!"

LOL!

Thanks, Dave

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Dave, Interesting post. I agree with your interpretation about the church being the JWs-all the clues are there. Interesting you had to use a secret entrance to get in. Looks like you introduced your friend to the JWs in the past? So the $64,000,000 question is where were you trying to get to in a hurry? Regards, Stephen

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

This is a relatively new friend, so no recruiting. But that's an interesting angle. I'll give it some thought.

>>where were you trying to get to in a hurry?

I don't recall, and I'm not even sure if it was ever explained. The "get there in a hurry" feeling may have just been an excuse to need a shortcut.

Dave

• JK666
    JK666

AA,

It is amazing how much religion is like a "Roach Motel."

JK

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Dave,
    The shortcut thing is interesting. In some situations they might be cool but this one was surely a mistake and a waste of time as the dream testifies.

So work out where you were going and the correct route to get there :)

Let me know what develops. Happy dreaming!

Regards,
    Stephen

• changeling
    changeling

Wow! Trapped in a church! That trully was a nightmare!

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit