What did you buy in the Boxing Day sales?

by katiekitten 9 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I bought two half price books:

My Booky Wook by Russell Brand

I Can Make You Thin by Paul McKenna

And a massive box of Black Magic chocolates half price from Woolworths!!

• qca
    qca

Hi Katiekitten

I love the sales, i bought 2 dresses, 2 pair of shoes, and some perfumes for my daughter-in-laws for next christmas, i hate buying stuff at the full price and then it comes down to half price in the sales,so i do a bit of christmas shopping in the sales and save money.

qc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I bought nine more lengths of tinsel garland and 4 more ornaments, and that doesn't even include the 9 sets of LED lights I bought when they were only 25% off.

• millymollymandy
    millymollymandy

I ventured into Manchester city centre today. It was still pandemonium and I think I may have some lovely bruises tomorrow. But I managed to come away with some very cheap DVDs (Scarface, Pan's Labyrinth, Sunshine), a couple of faux-silver necklaces from New Look and a make-up bag from the Body Shop.

The problem with doing 'proper' shopping these days though is that every time I go into a shop and pick up, say, a tantalisingly cheap DVD or a video game there's always a little voice in the back of my head going 'what are you DOING? You KNOW you can get that cheaper online!'. Bah.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I went to Borders today to pick up a book I ordered - had a cup of coffee with a friend, and bought the decorations in the coffee shop - three christmas trees for $3.00 each - I had been looking for that same kind of tree before xmas and couldn't find it - so now I'm ready for next year. Done!

• south african beef
    south african beef

A pair of shoes in the Dune sale.

A second wireless control for the PS3 we bought ourselves for Xmas - loving Sega Rally, stepson into Heavenly Sword

Couple more BluRay DVD's to watch on the old HD TV.

Blow up 'airbed' for when kids etc stay round and we haven't got enough room.

Bubble has just bought next years Christmas cards!

Also she comes in with carrier bags in each hand every time she comes home so I'll have to check out and see what else 'we' have bought!

SAB

• serendipity
    serendipity

I also checked out Border's sales and bought a book. Went to Barnes & Nobles and got half price Godiva XMAS chocolate - 2 boxes for gifts and one for me. :-)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I got Bread, Milk, Shaving cream, cat food, mushrooms, olives, coffee creamer, and oatmeal

• free2think
    free2think

Hey katie

You were brave, i couldnt face the sales this year. The thought of having to push people out of my way made me feel too tired so i gave it a miss.

But i will be back and fitting fit for next years sales.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, since we don't have Boxing Day, but only have the Christmas decoration stuff for 50% off - I only bought Christmas ornaments, lots and lots of em

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit