ISO: Autologous No Blood Card "Misprint"?

by AMNESIAN 5 Replies latest jw friends

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

I need the link to the online image, assuming it still exists, of the actual No Blood card the Watchtower Society prepared for distribution early this decade that contained specific wording that the bearer refuses transfusions that are not autologous. Some will recall that these were ordered discarded due to a claimed "misprint" and publishers were instructed to continue carrying the card they'd signed the previous January.

An image of the card itself was posted online. I both printed a hard copy and saved the digital image on a long-ago hard drive, however, the circumstance that causes my need for it now is such that I'm hoping not to have to spend time locating one or the other.

Briefly, my spouse of 32 years continues to follow WTS dictates despite ever-waning belief in their arrogated authority, self-important claims, flickering strobe "new" light and patently false prophecies. After 30 years, I discontinued my own faithful but weary and skeptical adherence.

Our marriage now faces the inevitable--- my beloved's extremely serious medical condition demanding an immediate decision as to treatment options, a decision needlessly (and infuriatingly!) impeded by our irreconcilable differences, now that we find ourselves unevenly yoked. Though far from true-believing any longer, whole blood transfusing---even of the autologous kind--- remains an unacceptable compromise.

Any help would be immeasurably appreciated.

AMNESIAN

Captive 7/1972-2/2001
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I think this page has what you're looking for:

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/bloodcard.htm

Dave

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Thanks ever so much Dave! That's exactly the one I needed.

Now wish me luck...:::sigh:::

AMNESIAN

Captive 7/1972-2/2001
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Good luck indeed! You might also check out the info at http://www.ajwrb.org/. That's the "Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform on Blood".

Dave

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

AMNESIAN,

The WTS did no claim those cards were misprints. In fact, the WTS admitted those cards had been reviewed prior to releasing for use in congregations. The December 20, 2001 WTS letter that addresses these letters says, “After further review, it has been determined that the cards dated “md-E 6/01” and “ic-E 6/01” should not be used. Please destroy these items and make sure that they are not distributed to the publishers.” Problem was, a WTS letter dated May 3, 2001 had already released the cards for use. So quite a few of these things hit the street before being rescinded.

Marvin Shilmer

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

The WTS did no claim those cards were misprints. In fact, the WTS admitted those cards had been reviewed prior to releasing for use in congregations. The December 20, 2001 WTS letter that addresses these letters says, “After further review, it has been determined that the cards dated “md-E 6/01” and “ic-E 6/01” should not be used. Please destroy these items and make sure that they are not distributed to the publishers.”

Whoa, Marvin, I had no idea! Somewhere I'd completely missed this astounding piece of information you online warriors ferreted out and exposed at the time. This is tremendously significant. I was certain there was some language proffered somewhere masking the rescission in misprint dissembling. This nugget is potentially even more persuasive for my purpose.

I cannot thank you and Dave enough.

A prosperous and healthy new year to you both.

AMNESIAN

Captive 7/1972-2/2001

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit