Old books

by Peppermint 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

It truly is amazing how you can turn your old Watchtower books into good money on eBay. Makes you want to go back to the Kingdom hall just to raid the congregation library. Anyone know what the most sort after titles are?

• onacruse
    onacruse

I'm not a collector of books...just a collector of information.

However, from what I've been told by those who do collect such things, I would say:

Anything 20s: Name your price

Anything 30s: Good condition, name your price

Anything Russell-period, originals: Really name your price

However, and fwiw, all this stuff is available in .pdf from www.freeminds.org

Edit to add: I was told that there are like 3 people on this planet who have a complete collection of original 1920s WTs, and when last inquired, one of those collectors said that it was worth at least $100,000, but he had no desire to sell.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Yes but it's been really cold lately better off tossing them in the fireplace, FDS BS keeps you nice and warm

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

i found a really old song/hym book from the early 1900's had that egyptian eagles wings on the front of it....... brought it at an op shop for $1.50 AUD think its worth $400 USD....... i read it... its amazing how much worship they attributed to Jesus Christ back then ..... if you spoke such things these days in the Kingdom hall......stares and wispers alike.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit