can anybody tell me..........

by grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95 5 Replies latest jw friends

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

i was wondering if there have been any cases (lawsuits) against JW orginisation for caused phsycological disorders.........?

• jgnat
    jgnat

If there were, they settled before they hit the courts.

You'd have to have some pretty rock-solid evidence of cause-and-effect. In other words, you would have to rule out inherited disorders such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

could it not be agued regardless of other factors that JW was major cause and effect........ many ex-JW i know have used drugs/alcohol to cope with caused mental condition....... but condition pre-existed substance abuse......

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sure, anything can be argued. The question is, could it be won? I am sure the Watchtower Society would do it's darndest that if it did, we'd never find out.

How are you doing? Any success rebuilding your own self esteem?

• changeling
    changeling

Like jgnat said: proving cause and effect would be though.

That being said, those of us raised "in" have no doubt this is a psychologically damaging religion. We are living proof.

Try to stay positive and cherish each and every day.

changeling

thankyou for your response........ i do think if a class action was ever put together the evidence would be overwhelming.......i once told an elder that many JW's were in phsyciatric and or institutions(particually jail & drug rehabilitation)...........i do remind myself that if these patients are considered ex-JW they are of no concern to elder.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit