The Henry Rollins Show

by portcontrol7 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• portcontrol7
    portcontrol7

Hello, Just caught 2 episodes of this show. What an awkward and uncomfortable show. Here are the problems I have folks... In the intro to both shows he is using his hands way too much. It comes off as abrasive. During the interviews he leans forward and it seems that at any second he will lunge into his guests chair and choke them to death... unnerving. Henry sit back and try to assume a more relaxed posture, it will make your guests feel way more comfortable. Now he actually has decent questions, and not a bad interviewing technique, but his posture is just a little too intense. Anyhow, those are my thoughts on this show, maybe he should stick to making records. And he is so liberal, it just reeks of white mans guilt. Go gay, burn the flag I don't care, but just stick to making bad music, and stay off the TV man. Thoughts?

• Quentin
    Quentin

Who is Henry Rollins? Maybe I don't get out enough...

• JK666
    JK666

Henry is intense, but he sure doesn't take any s**t! And let me tell you, his music is great therapy when going through a divorce or breakup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlotvo0NS0A

JK

• avishai
    avishai

uhh, yeah, Henry? Not a wuss.

And he makes great music, he's EXTREMELY intelligent. Watch or listen to some of his spoken word stuff...

And his postion on guns I disagree with, howver, if I'd had my best friend blown away in front of me like he did, I might feel differently.

• avishai
    avishai
    And he is so liberal, it just reeks of white mans guilt. Go gay, burn the flag I don't care, but just stick to making bad music, and stay off the TV man. Thoughts?

And what does being gay have to do with it?

Here's a gay group that definitely believes in the second amendment...

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I saw Rollins in person this year. He does a show in a smaller venue in my town every so often. He could fill up one of the larger venues but plays to a more intimate audience. I thought he was fantastic. He even heckled ME because I was getting a little too rowdy. (Thanks to long line of comp'd drinks)

• portcontrol7
    portcontrol7

I just wasn't feeling it. Yes he is intense. I can respect his, whats the word I'm looking for, realness I suppose. Maybe I was a little hard on him, but it is an uncomfortable watch in my opinion. And while he has made the occasional tune that didn't suck, I just think overall he is overrated in the punk genre. One of the episodes I watched he was interviewing Steven Tyler of Aerosmith... I remember years back Henry was on the Howard Stern show talking about how he would like to beat the shit out of Bono and saying how U2 had one of the weakest lead guitarists ever in the pretentiously named Edge. He was being tough and edgy for his fans probably and to the blue collar Stern audiance, but it did seem genuine. Then he has a cordial conversation with arena rocker frontman Tyler of Aerosmith? Aerosmith folks... Different forum different Rollins, I don't respect that.

• avishai
    avishai

I saw black flag in a basement in '85 or '86. I can tell you that it was'nt overrated.

Saw greenday in someones house right before "dookie" was released, now THAT was overrated.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Rollins is very intelligent and hardworking, but his testosterone sometimes gets in the way of his projects.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit