The God/Santa Connection

by Mrs. Witness 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Work with me here...this occurred to me last night as I was trying to get back to sleep after waking up with a 2-year-old, so I'm kinda fuzzy...

God supposedly watches everything you do, judges you, then you get the "gift" of ever lasting life.

Santa supposedly watches everything you do, judges you, then you get gifts on Christmas morning.

Sound familiar?

So, why is it that "God" is real but "Santa" is fictional? Hmmm? No one has ever seen either one in the flesh, right?

When hubby decides that he needs to tell our 2 year old that Santa isn't real, my answer will be to tell her that "Jehoover" isn't real either.

Thoughts?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Ooh, I think serotonin_wraith will be crossed that you haven't read his many Santa/God posts!

I think as for God, it all boils down to the complexity of the universe and life, and an argument from incredulity.

With Santa, you can trace the gifts back to various stores, and rip the false beard off your uncle.

With God, science does something similar in explaining how various things got the way they are, but there are still a few gaps you can put God in if you want (and people do).

• Gopher
    Gopher
    He sees you when you're sleeping
    He knows when you're awake
    He knows if you've been bad or good
    So be good for goodness sake

The above is a fantasy.

Everyone living on planet earth is in reality agnostic. Nobody on earth can prove the existence or non-existence of Santa Claus, or of any of the deities that mankind worships or adores.

Santa Claus and "God" are both traditions.

• beksbks
    beksbks

But Santa Claus has origins in reality.......... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit