Need your help

by Burger Time 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Hey guys I made a new blog spot called "New Light". I am going to be doing little essays on JW's and the bible. Nothing new of course and on many other websites, but I kind of want to try my hand at writing. Anyways if you guys could critique for me I would be very thankful. The first post is my thoughts on Apostasy.

WARNING THIS IS A LONG BLOG POST It's a bit helter skelter because it's my first post and I sort of had to rush the ending. Anyways without further ado New Light

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->I

It looks interesting but I think you need to check your formatting....

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Is this on my post? Or the Blog? I know the Blog had some problems...this it could be Firefox (?) This messageboard always has problems with firefox. And yes I know about the IE extension.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

OK should be fixed. Firefox issue.

• monophonic
    monophonic

i would put this paragraph first:

Jehovah’s Witnesses especially have a very “your either for us or against us” approach to religion. If you leave and are happy, to them you are against them. They often quote certain scriptures to get away with ignoring you on the grounds of apostasy. Lets look at some scriptures Witnesses quote on “apostasy”?

i wouldn't have the definition of apostasy as it is, maybe a quick define a few sentences into the article.

but, that paragraph is your star paragraph and imo should be your lead, as they call it. i do the same thing all the time, my lead ends up being my fifth/sixth sentence and i only see it on my final draft.

best of luck on your blog and your writing.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Good blog...let us know how it goes! You might want to re-word this one sentence... "The questions must be asked though, how do can ones Biblically decide if someone is an apostate?"

Does your family live in the Charlotte area?

Swalker

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I found your post about apostates excellent and accurate. the word apostate is so overused and misapplied among JW's. People are going even as so far to say that if you disagree with the society on a matter, then you are an apostate. or, if you have been wronged in some way and are talking about it, and in turn that talk is critical, even rightfully so, you are labeled an apostate. hell, at a meeting about a year ago, a brother gave a comment that an apostate is one who falls away, like people that stop going to meetings. keep up the good work.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Thanks guys! Yes Swalker my family does live in the Charlotte area.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Ok thanks everyone! Mono I took your advice and made that paragraph my lead in with some rewording. Also Swalker I fixed the error I made, thanks for letting me know about it. I wrote it yesterday when I had free time at work and didn't really get a chance to fully look over and edit it, so the next one should be a bit better. Thanks guys and gals!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit