Circuit Assembly 2007

by Cindi_67 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Does anybody have the schedule for this year's circuit assembly. My mom invited and I might go just to make her happy, but I don't want to be there all day. I know I will be attending Sunday. I couldn't stand going on a Saturday where all you hear is more of the same, Pioneers and their experiences, young people being encouraged to join the ranks of pioneers and not go to college, etc. But at least for Sunday if someone can provide me with the Schedule, because I will be getting there late if the first talks are more of the same too.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Then plan on being late. And leaving early. The Sunday afternoon is usually the public talk and the Puketower study (which I would rather get from the Comments You Will Not Hear section than actually go to one). Much of what happens after is a rehash of the whole wastefest, and that can ramble on. As for the morning talks, they are pretty much the same. At least the baptism is Saturday and you will miss that.

What you will not miss is the Sunday afternoon accounts report. That is when they always manage to pxxx away a surplus and end up in a deficit situation. I urge you to not donate even a single penny to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund once you get there. No matter how much in the red they put themselves, donating to bring them up will help them protect pedophiles in the future. If they finish in the red, so what. At least they will have to donate that much less to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund next time.

• blondie
    blondie

The schedule is announced at the local KH not even printed in the KM or other publication.

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

As I posted in the recent "Higher Education" thread I attended the Crenshaw Congregation Circuit Assembly - the NORCO, California Circuit Assembly - because all my family is in and to not go would = high suspicion unless I was sick.

I will say take as many breaks to the restroom as possible and try to zone out the speaker mentally. Think about stuff like your own entrepenural business plan, where you want to go a year from now, ie make plans but dont write them down! If your family sees you writing stuff down on paper not related to the talk being delivered they may give you hard nudges and glares (I know I used to get this alot until I wised up and learned how to fake listening ... very well)

FYI: I just thought up a great idea for a little small business for myself that I will try to get off the ground! I just thought of it while I was sitting listening to the talk "Give Glory to (Jehovah) God when Doing Everything Else." (This was the guilt trip talk about not doing "bad stuff" when no JW is around to see you). This wasn't a blessing from Jehovah. MY HARD WORK!

At the end of the talk the elder held up a flyer to a dance that some JW teenagers had been caught trying to sneak and go to! He said "See what this says?! It says "Dress to Impress" (More than half the audience gave a big gasp - F'ing hypocrites I was so mad) Yeah ... right like that's sooooooooo bad. He went on and said see here at the bottom it says "On the dance floor you should "Lean Wit It Rock Wit It! ... now that's just weird!" He ended with the usual "JW youth keep on the watch and dont ever be corrupted by worldly thinking or allow yourselves to be slowly corrupted into one of Satan's snare one of which is music."

All throught the ride home my mom and my aunt were talking about just how evil and tricky "The Birdcatcher" was with his "superhuman intellegence. " Most JW's I know are so brainwashed they LITERALLY QUOTE WT phrases in their conversation. They said the Devil was very much into getting JW's to break their faith or leave the WTS. Right ... Satan's real ... and he's only after JW's ... rightttt ....

When I got home the first thing I did was go straight to my iTUNES and blast Dem Franchize Boys "Lean Wit It Rock Wit It" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzTcClp6MIg)

I will post my Circuit Assembly 2007 program slip tonight if no one has done so by then!

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Love your post bboard. Hang in there!!!!

• dogon
    dogon

when I used to go back in the day in lansing MI I used to go to the ass, then slip out and head for the mall. shop around for a bit and then an hour before end I would slip back in and tell people I was working in the kitchen or some place that I knew no one from my hall was working.

Never got cought and we had a ball. I used to look forward to going to the ass, it was when I could get to a music store and buy 8 tracks, does that date me? Oh well. They sucked hard but it was what we had. I remember buying queen news of the world on 8 track at the lansing mall.

Now that I do not have to answer to any one I would not go on a dime bet, but if you are underage and can drive you need to find a local spot around the ass. and bring your puter and get a bottomless cup of joe and type here, then slip back in and act like you were working for jesus the whole time. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit