Rocket fishing rod - Guns and fishing combined into one package.

by BrentR 7 Replies latest social physical

• BrentR
    BrentR

Why didn't they have this when I was a kid? They have combined guns and fishing and use the bobber as a sabot that deploys the bait/lure.

For serious fishermen this would be a joke but for a nine year old it would be too cool. You even cock it like a pump action shotgun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUUzR28CMBI&feature=related

• Priest73
    Priest73

yeah but that little bobber is gunna get expensive. The number of hooks that i lose due to snags?
    One hang up on a log, tree branch etc, and the thing is useless until it's replace.
    Pretty kool concept though.

*** edited to make sense.

• BrentR
    BrentR

You would just have to have an ammo belt with alot of spares. I would call it a bobber bandolier, sort of a cross between Rambo and Roland Martin.

• Priest73
    Priest73

good point. Maybe the next version could have single fire and 3 round bursts.

• BrentR
  • Priest73
    Priest73

that has to be the diametric opposite of noodling.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

lol was that a damn catfish?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I spent $60 on 2 of these things in the spring, and although a good concept, they're horrible for the kids to use. I have a 9 y.o and a 7 y.o and we tried using them off a dock up North and 3/4 of the time the bobber wouldn't open to let the bait out, and it was always difficult to get back into the rod. I wouldn't recommend getting it.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit