This sentence is a lie.

by DT 9 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

Do you believe me? What if the Governing Body said it? Do you think the dubs would believe it?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Dubs believe everything the GB said.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

You never lied! You publicly stated it could be a lie! You have nothing to hide.

• chappy
    chappy

Recall the statement made by one of the traveling overseers back in the 70's? While giving a talk he held up one of the green NWT's and said bluntly that if the society stated that if this book was black then it was indeed black! I didn't hear this personally however it has been verified by numerous JW and exJW sources over the years. I think you can find this on Randy Waters site. Unbelievable.

chappy

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

That sentence is the logical equivalent of dividing a number by zero - undefined. If it's really a lie, then it's true, making it not a lie, which would mean that it must be a lie, but then it couldn't be a lie on account of the fact that it has already determined to be the truth, thus making it a lie.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The WTBS has been saying "this sentence is true" without challange for years.

• erynw
    erynw
    That sentence is the logical equivalent of dividing a number by zero - undefined. If it's really a lie, then it's true, making it not a lie, which would mean that it must be a lie, but then it couldn't be a lie on account of the fact that it has already determined to be the truth, thus making it a lie.

Reminds me of the poisoned wine switching scene in Princess Bride.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Reminds me of the poisoned wine switching scene in Princess Bride.

I sooooo love that movie!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are evil word twisters when trapped in a corner they will twist the meanings of any words necessary to get them out, but yes the JWs will believe almost anything they say unless it is really blatantly false. The GB are smart enough not to go that far.

• DT
    DT

Actually, the Bible contains a similar statement at Titus 1:12, "A certain one of them, their own prophet, said: "Cretans are always liars...""

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit